Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mick Fleetwood's A7

Episode 2 of the current series of Top Gear - Mick Fleetwood is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car. And his favourite car of all time? An A7 of course!

View the programme on iplayer. 35 minutes in.

Link

Photobucket

Re: Mick Fleetwood's A7

Just Beat me!

OY(?) 4892 - not on the Register!

I haven't paid my licence fee - so no go. In Australia we dropped the licence fee in the 70's so you can watch any ABC program on Iview at no charge

Tony.

Yeah,but it's the "B"BC over here Possum. and it's still "free "despite all of Murdoch's dirty tricks.

And delighted that nothing deprecating or put me down about his A7 in the program.

Roly

Uhm, that's interesting because Mick's sister lives next door but one to me....
and there's been no mention of A7's - well only the speed I go at (It's 4 letters, but not 'slow')..

Ian,

He is an American so don't blame us

Not sure- ABC is free but BBC isn't ?

Tony.

A bit of a squeeze in that car though, he looked at least 6'4" last time I saw him

It was a very interesting background story too. Not just a popstar whim, he had it for years including if memory serves 15 being stored by Pete Townsend until rediscovered and rebuilt for him. He was clearly very attached.
Andy B

Andy B
It was a very interesting background story too. Not just a popstar whim, he had it for years including if memory serves 15 being stored by Pete Townsend until rediscovered and rebuilt for him. He was clearly very attached.
Andy B

Yes it was interesting - but it was Eric Clapton who stored it all those years, first in a barn then outside in an orchard where it deteriorated significantly.

Moral: If you have a need to have your Austin Seven stored, don't ask Eric Clapton

Steve

Steve Jones
Andy B
Andy B

Yes it was interesting - but it was Eric Clapton who stored it all those years, first in a barn then outside in an orchard where it deteriorated significantly.

Moral: If you have a need to have your Austin Seven stored, don't ask Eric Clapton

Steve

At a certain stage in Clapton's life the real world was held very much at arms length with the aid of chemicals. If the open air storage happened during this period then it's understandable

Charles

Is it the glow from his trousers or does the upholsery match them, prehaps Mick choose it during one one of his 'trips'.

Charles P
Steve Jones
Andy B
Andy B

Steve

At a certain stage in Clapton's life the real world was held very much at arms length with the aid of chemicals. If the open air storage happened during this period then it's understandable

Charles

I know what you are saying Charles. Mick Fleetwood was in a similar situation at around the same time which, maybe, explains why he wanted the car stored

Still, despite that, both all time heroes. I've found the lip syncing reports from the USA presidential inauguration interesting. I've always liked the 'Star Spangled Banner' - but only when played by Jimi Hendrix!!

Steve