Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coleman's Journey

My thoughts too Sandy. They have a good starting point for a book with all their amazing reports on Facebook (I'm pleased to say I have managed to read these without getting enmeshed with all the would be "Friends" that Facebook tries to offer!!). They are amazing; and what an amazing car! I hope the sponsorship money continues to flow in.
Ron

Terrific! Good luck to all. One day, one day...

Wishing you plenty of good luck on an amazing journey. Many thanks for organising a site where we can follw your progress. I have just finished reading Colemans's Drive for the umpteenth time as I wanted to check again the route that Guy and Eunice are about to embark on through Mexico and Central America. They were at Puebla this week having started off in Baltimore and travelled via Alaska!
For those who are missing out on their big American adventure, have look at www.bespk.com

Ron Hayhurst

I'm confused, I thought Jack and the team were still in Chile!

I think you will find that Jack's party are in Peru.Guy andEunice however are in Argentina approaching their terminus at Cape Horn.(spokes permitting).What an extraordinary feat!

Thanks Ian,

I'm just a bumbling old fool, I hadn't spotted that both trips were combined on the same thread...NURSE!

Guy and Eunice have completed their drive! Well done!

Good luck to those travelling north!

Jack and Co have reached Texas!

as someone who after 6 years of Austin Seven ownership has yet to travel further than about 50 miles from home I have nothing but complete admiration for these adventurers. bravo.
Andy B

They've done it!!

Arrived in Times Square, 06:30 today! Congratulations to all involved!

Jack's blogs have been a great read over the weeks. Thank you Jack, there were obviously times when you could have done without the chore of writing on top of some fraught days.

Well done to all involved.

photo JackandcoinTimesSquare_zps8cf0ca8c.jpg

Fantastic! Well done!

Andy B
as someone who after 6 years of Austin Seven ownership has yet to travel further than about 50 miles from home I have nothing but complete admiration for these adventurers. bravo.
Andy B

You've been 50 miles from home? That's twice what I've done in 10 years! I just can't imagine doing what they have done.

CONGRATULATIONS from Bristol Austin Seven Club.

Now THAT was an adventure! John Coleman dined out for a lifetime on that experience, I expect you will do the same. I shall miss the Blog, cheers Russell

60 miles yesterday, and I'm nearly a basket case today
Mind boggles at theirs and all similar journeys done by others, including those by 'our' Vince.
Just thinking about it makes me want to lay down for a rest.
Have been meaning to read their blog, but WILL be doing so now.
Having read Coleman's Journey, the comparison should be very interesting indeed.
Cannot add much to what has already been said except:

Well done to all concerned and you deserve all the accolades thrown in your direction.

Geoff - Feeling even more whacked now

Well done everyone. Just goes to show that good engineering and british fighting spirit will overcome any challange. Well done.

Happy to report that we are expecting the three cars at Beaulieu for the National Austin 7 Rally on July 7th. Their appearance will depend on when the ship carrying them docks but there is a good chance they will make it. AND...

We have just got confirmation that we can 'borrow' John Coleman's Chummy from Gaydon for the event. This will be a superb tribute to our modern-day adventurers and of course to John himself.

We will be interviewing our adventurers on the day and finding out more about their amazing 11,000+ mile journey.

Don't miss it!