Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Not throwing anything away!

It's been a while since I posted anything, so time to redress this lax.
After nearly melting yesterday when the temp in both the carport and workshop went over 30° I decided that was it, no more purgatory!
I went straight into the lounge and hauled the aircon unit that's been sat there since the last heat wave which must have been 10 years ago, and only used once since, into the workshop.
It's a proper portable one, and not the waterfall type that saturates the air with moisture - been there and tried that years ago but soon got rid of it, as breathing became unpleasant.
This unit has a plug in flexible duct of 100mm diameter, to expel the hot air outside, so I needed to find a way to vent said air, and the only easy place to cut a suitable hole was in the garage side door at the rear of the property, but I had to wait for the grill, with gravity slats, I ordered to arrive, which it did this morning.
I soon had that in place, but the aircon ducting was not easy to connect and did not stay in place so a hunt was on to make an adapter of some sort.
eBay only produced a bit of stainless tube, so had another search around the house and came back to the Amarula tin plate tube that the bottle comes in.
I had dismissed it previously as not being suitable, but after some thought this time, decided it could be used so a 2.1/2" long slit at the joint was made, and a piece of the tube 5" long sliced off.
Suitably deburred and it squeezed into the ducting easily with a firm hold, the other end fitting into the vent perfectly, but a bit wobbly so self tappers to the rescue and all is now solid.
That's why I don't throw anything away unless its proper useless junk.
My philosophy has proven itself today - big time.

I've also splashed a layer of Biostrip20 on the Ruby's spare wheel cover, and wrapped it in cling film to see how it performs.
Photos taken so will do a new thread as and when.

Geoff - A cool workshop from now on!