Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Speedex

Im just being nosey now, Did I read somewhere that Speedex wheels were being remade,??

Re: Speedex

Yes they were, quite recently too, but I cant think who by...........

Ian,

Unfortunately it's 'have been' been made. An owner made a few sets of repro wheels, widened with offset, tyre retaining beads, in modern alloy and with matching conical nuts. I bought a set and a few other sets got out there but I'm not aware of any left or available now. I've heard he's a bit hacked off, he no longer has a Speedex or wheels but still gets rung up about the wheels - that he couldn't sell when he made them.

Original Speedex wheels are still quite common, they regularly come up for sale. There's three for sale on the Speedex 'for sale' page at the moment. If you're after a set ask about the special nuts that go with them and often get lost. I can help with a drawing of them to get new ones made.

Have you got a Speedex?

Dave

Dave Armstrong
Ian,

Unfortunately it's 'have been' been made. An owner made a few sets of repro wheels, widened with offset, tyre retaining beads, in modern alloy and with matching conical nuts. I bought a set and a few other sets got out there but I'm not aware of any left or available now. I've heard he's a bit hacked off, he no longer has a Speedex or wheels but still gets rung up about the wheels - that he couldn't sell when he made them.

Original Speedex wheels are still quite common, they regularly come up for sale. There's three for sale on the Speedex 'for sale' page at the moment. If you're after a set ask about the special nuts that go with them and often get lost. I can help with a drawing of them to get new ones made.

Have you got a Speedex?

Dave

No, Unfortunately I dont have a speedex, I am just being curious really, I have always been interested in old/unusual speed equipment, I had loads before I split with the missus, now I have none

Dave Armstrong
Ian,

he no longer has a Speedex or wheels but still gets rung up about the wheels - that he couldn't sell when he made them.

Dave

sound familiar!

I have either a set of 4 of these speed-ex wheels in the shed. or maybe even 6.

they are for sale if anyone is interested.

also if anyone is interested in sports wheels I also have 3 other sets of 15 inch wheels one set with west London centres.

tony

Dear Tony,
I have been searching for West London wheels and have just seen your post of July last year.
I am presently rebuilding a Speedex that we have owned for many years.
It has West London 15 x 2.5 rims with offset centres on the front, and 15 x 3 rims with shrouded centres on the back. But no spare. I wonder if you still have any wheels and whether you might sell them?

Yours sincerely
Ken Cocks

Tony,

It has been a while but do you still have any Speedex wheels?

Regards

Simon