Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What was it?

Back in the early 1970s a pal and I rescued a two seater A7 from the rubbish tip at my old school. It had been used for years by sixth formers learning to drive but eventually it was abandoned and dumped. By the time we got to it there wasn't much bodywork intact but we had all good intentions of restoring it. However other interests of the female variety overtook us and eventually my pal's mum had had enough of the bits cluttering up her garage. We sold it, with the engine a runner, for £15.

In later years when I returned to A7 ownership I came to recognise that it was a later engine and 4 speed box, standard front axle, semi girlings, late rear axle but here's the question: Was that body a one-off special (as I think) or something more interesting? It was certainly well constructed of about half inch tube and there was a spare wheel carrier on the rear. Anyone venture an opinion?

And if by some minor miracle someone reading this remembers buying the car in about 1973/4 from a house called High Trees, between Broad Oak and Burwash Common on the A265 in East Sussex, I'd of course be delighted to hear whatever happened to it.

photo img081_zps3b02cf3b.jpg

photo img082_zpsebd6514a.jpg