Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Screen Removal.

Tinkering up the garage today looking to see the state of my roof, sunroof gutters and screen posts, I offered the screen into its opening, its pretty obvious the screen seal has seen better days and at some time had the screen sealed into place with DumDum paste, as has most of the upper half of the car comprising either of rust or DunDum.
The screen rubber will be, I think, pretty basic to replace, remove the hard rotten rubber from the groove and slide a new seal into the groove, what also needs doing is the chrome brass surround needs re-sealing to the glass, Im guessing its a case of sliding the hinge apart, removing the 2 screws (HaHa)
at each end and the top should come off with a bit of persuasion, then its a case of gently easing the surround off the glass........... I also need to perform some sort of repair by the opening latch, a 6" section of surround wobbles when I move the latch, any suggestions??