Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1/2 scale AE tourer

We all know how one thing leads to another.Let's face it most of these threads go off at a tangent.Well the other day,Wife says "lets get Aron (our grandson) a pedal car for Christmas". We settle on a BRUM type car.No problems so far.{Here comes the tangent] Unfortunately I keep looking,(dammed internet) & find a "Swing bin" racer powered by a cordless drill.
Sneaking out to the utility room, I abscond with the swing bin.(just happens to be the right one). When looking at the swing section when laid out as a car body ,it reminded me of the rear of a Nippy.
Out with the drawing kit & tape (I'm no budding Stanley Edge but have built a couple of specials)& start sketching out ideas. I needed some more internet input and whilst perusing various sites , found a half scale model of an AE tourer made in the '80s by "Royale Cars Ltd". A brilliant replica. They apparently only made twelve.
The questions are:- where are they now, & what happened to Royale Cars and the GRP moulds.
My G'son? He'll get the BRUM for home, but when he comes to see Nan & Pops next year, I hope to have a battery powered Nippy careering round the garden.
PS Sorry put image as my Avatar, still think I'll leave it there.

Re: 1/2 scale AE tourer

Peter,

I can't help with the request for moulds but here's some inspiration for you:

Peter Naulls' wonderful Cup Model...

Oz Chummy...

I have more on another computer and will post them when I have located them.

Was this 1/2 scale A7 venture not in some way connected to David Royle & Co. - coach builders and car restoration experts of Staindrop near Barnard Castle, County Durham ? - some of the cars they restored were worth millions, so they would have had the skills to produce these. Unfortunately the business closed in 2009 and the assets sold at auction. I would liked to have gone to the auction as it was relatively near, but I just wasn't able to at the time.

Note their spelling was Royle rather than Royale.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Jeff, May have been that company I possibly had R's trouble with spelling,and it would also explain why I couldn't trace them as they no longer exist.Peter.

Ruairidh Dunford

Peter Naulls' wonderful Cup Model...

Absolutely wonderful

Peter's is a work of art.

Here is another good one: