Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SAFETY FIRST

After reading about the sad loss of Phil Simmons in a garage fire,I was prompted to look at my vulnerability,No body is immune to misfortune as I know to my cost (see photo).
 photo revolvebarbie.jpg
 photo revolvebarbie2.jpg
As you can see, even with fire extiguishers the worst can happen.This inferno was not, I should point out of my making, but the Candle Maker next door,burning my business to the ground.I lost six customers cars,including a '64 E type Jaguar.My losses included a prototype Frog eye A.H. Sprite,a Ford engined special.a 2cv based three wheeled clincker bodied special,My AJS 500 single & at least six or seven other vehicles.
Now on checking my three workshop extinguishers I find they are all out of date.They may well work but it's too late when you find out they don't.
The wife has just returned from a shopping trip & on inspecting the wares, I came across a LIDL pamphlet.As from tomorrow they have for sale 1Kg fire extinguishers for £8.99,I'm getting two,& Car First Aid Kits for £4.99. I'll be down there first thing.
Other items for my trolley will include an infra red temp probe at £17.99,useful amongst other things if you have a miss fire, for checking exhaust manifold temperatures,the bad cylinder has a cooler temp.& a 6/12 volt charger £13.99.and possibly a "dremil" type grinder for £30. including bits.
I should point out at this juncture that I have no connection with LIDL other than that of a happy customer.