Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
750 Goodacre history

HELLO. my uncle, Geoff Hunt raced an Austin 7 in the 60's and 70's with his mate, Dave Reece ( i think that is how your spell Dave's sir name). My uncle Geoff won the Goodacre Trophy in 1969 and I was hoping someone on here maybe able to give me some info, any info, onnhis race win and with his time with the 750 motor club.

Re: 750 Goodacre history

David Morgan's book on the 750 MC seemed the obvious place to look. David lists Geoff Hunt as winning the Goodacre trophy in 1964 rather than '69.
Perhaps you mean Dave Rees? I am sure that the 750 MC office would put you in touch with someone at their Cheshire centre who might help.
Regards,
Stuart

Andrew,

I have found the following photo which shows Geoff in centre of front row and I have included the top results for the 1964 750 Goodacre Championship.
 photo EightClubsSilverstone13June1964_zps036596a0.jpg

photo GoodacreTrophy1964_zps7267d1c7.jpg

If I find other details I shall contact you.

Bryan

I remember both Geoff Hunt and Dave Reece in Clubmans racing at Oulton Park. They were both very fast. I bought a Lotus 7 and Geoff was hanging around Dave's garage at Ashely (we all used to drink in the Greyhound next door) and he asked if he could drive it. We nearly took off going over the nearby railway bridge to Knutsford.

I raced a road going Lotus 7 and then a special against them at Oulton park, Aintree and Croft. Natalie Goodwin of the Cussons Soap dynasty, was also a competitor and she was very quick. She fancied Dave Reece but he wouldn't respond despite my encouragement. She was a very modest and bubbly young lady. I did hear that Dave Reece had died. have you any news of him?

The special that I refer to was built by a chap from Hale called Adrian Wontner and I think he had won the Goodacre Trophy prior to this. He started to build this car for the new Clubman category but a young family came along and his wife persuaded him to retire so I and two friends bought it from him.

Best wishes

Ian Case
The Old Vicarage
Ampfield
Hampshire SO519BQ
07973 176727

Sadly, I have to report that Dave Rees, who I knew quite well, died 10 or 12 years ago

Thank you Alan. Sad news; he was quite a character.
Bw
Ian