Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
697 UXU

Apologies for the poor picture quality, this was seen last week in Brotherwoods of Sherborne Dorset and does not appear on my list of surviving cars. Looks like a tidy example, have not counted the rivets, but I would not kick it out!

A7 seen in Brotherwoods near Sherborne Dorset. photo 250420141731.jpg

Re: 697 UXU

Nice car, but unfortunately without its original registration.

697 UXU is a relalatively recently issued, laughably-misnamed "Age related" plate.

There may be a reasonable explanation for this, but the chances are that it's the result of someone's greed. I hope that the selling price reflects the fact that in all probability a four-figure sum has already been extracted from the car!

It's probably on the register under its former, real identity, now disguising the fact that someone's Beemer is last year's model.

looks a nice clean AAK

I'm sorry to go on, but once again a valuable part of this car's history is lost and almost certainly for the sake of a money grabber who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Nice car though Jack!

What price did they put on it Jack ?

I thought Brotherwood did vehicle conversions for the disabled, dont say they are going to cut the back out of that to make it wheel chair friendly.

Many cars with 'Age related' plates have been issued with them because it was not possible to identify the original numbers.
My car for example had spent many years out of commission during which time the original numbers were lost. I believe that this applies to a large proportion of AR plates.
I do agree that to deliberatly separate car from number plate is taboo.
Please don't tar everybody who has an AR plate with the same brush.
Dave

My apologies Dave, there are of course exceptions and yours is one...in fact my last Seven had an age related plate simply for that reason, so I know where you are coming from and it reinforces the value of cars still bearing their original plate.

Meanwhile, the history of this lovely car will have to remain a mystery!