Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Late Ruby/Pearl Torque Tube Anchor Silentbloc Bush

I understand that the Silentbloc bush for the late torque tube anchor can be produced by machining a more available bush. Can anyone advise the size and source of the donor bush and the dimensions it should be machined to?

Re: Late Ruby/Pearl Torque Tube Anchor Silentbloc Bush

You do know, Martin, that you can buy the correct article from our cherished suppliers??

Ian Mc.

Thanks but I've drawn a blank with them so far.

See A7 Components HERE item number 2H1051 Silentbloc bush for torque tube socket 36-39 1 ea £22.20 .

Ian Mc.

Martin,

If all the cherished suppliers are out of stock, then check out Vintage Car Parts site. Unfortunately I don't know the dimensions of the silentbloc bush, as I don't have the late Torque Tube Anchor point on my chassis.

http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/search?query=silentbloc+bush

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Big 7 ones can be cut down to fit Martin.

Does anyone know where you can get the Silentblock from or the diamentions for the correct one, the one I have is very tight in the torque tube and will need a lot of persuasion to come out but the incorrect internal diameter for the fixing bolt, so only want to remove once I have the correct replacement.

Thanks