Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pigsty racing

Did anyone visit Pigsty Racing recently?

I took my camshaft there and told him to reprofile it last year September.
He said it took a week to finish the work so I would receive my cam in about a month later.

However, I have yet to receive it now.

I asked my friend in England to call him and my friend called him several time. But he did not answer the phone.

I worry about where my cam is.

Give me any information or advice.

Regards

Atsunori

Re: Pigsty racing

I completely despair about these suppliers, I have phoned Pigsty in excess of 10 times on Atsunori,s behalf ,all I get is an Answer machine ,leave message and phone number but didn't get any reply . On the one occasion I did get to speak to someone I was fobbed with off that they did not have an export licence to Japan , a couple of months later Jun in Japan needed a crank case ,I located one had it sent here and sent it via UPS ( within 24 hours delivery ) with no need for an export licence. Also John Barlow ,what a joke, Jun wanted a pressure fed nose cone , 6 months later he got it . The British Empire great for exports,not.

I think the comment about john Barlow is a little unfounded. I had a pressure nose cone from him at the same time. This wasn't the normal off the shelf item which several of our suppliers sell. It was a Repro un blown ulster nose one with correct internal components. Castings had to be made and machined and all the internals reverse engineered from whatever was available to copy. I thought six months not at all unreasonable.

The reference to John B is not only unfair, but completely inappropriate given that he has been suffering from ill health for some time now.

David
The reference to John B is not only unfair, but completely inappropriate given that he has been suffering from ill health for some time now.

Yes maybe ,but John took the order and Jun paid for it ,he thought this was an off the shelf item ,at no time was he told that JB was ill until I intervened on his behalf after 4 months of waiting for it to arrive.

Some years ago I had a similar difficulty with Pigsty and their bill, at the end of the process, showed where their skills lie. Perhaps their interests are more with their racing customers?

I was informed that Barry had died....................

Who is Barry ?, I thought it was run by Alex

Jon
I was informed that Barry had died....................

Jon,

Who is Barry?
Is he someone who has someting to do with Pigsty??

I wonder if Jon is confusing Barry with Barrie(Argent)?

No Ian, I was refering to the Barry that posted just befor me ...........

Re-incarnation then??

« The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated » (Mark Twain)

Well ,it seems Pigsty are still trading, despite ignored emails and answer phone messages a kind reader of this site visited Pigsty today and recovered the camshaft and is now sending it to Japan ,why do people trade with people like this who have ignored phone messages and e mails for 6 months?

Nigel was in Brittany
Well ,it seems Pigsty are still trading, despite ignored emails and answer phone messages a kind reader of this site visited Pigsty today and recovered the camshaft and is now sending it to Japan ,why do people trade with people like this who have ignored phone messages and e mails for 6 months?

I'm pleased to hear that the cam shaft has been retrieved!

Inability to make a purchase from Pigsty (and another A7 parts supplier)lead to my embryonic manifold making business.

Stuart, in Devon, not Somerset.