Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New exhaust minifold

Looks nearly as good as mine

They look great Stuart. Having made a couple of exhaust manifolds myself I appreciate how much work goes into them. They look well worth the money. Good luck in this little venture.
Regards Ian.
P. S.
I'll have a good look in person when I'm up in Scotland for the rally.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

It fits anyway!

photo 10461954_698164833588383_5050277147298076952_n.jpg" />

Re: New exhaust manifold

Stuart,
I found the previous thread, but could not find reference to a price for this later development. Are you proposing to make them to order? If so, how much would they be please?
Many thanks.
Alan

Alan Osborne
Stuart,
I found the previous thread, but could not find reference to a price for this later development. Are you proposing to make them to order? If so, how much would they be please?
Many thanks.
Alan

Hi Alan

My Website is here:

http://rally200022.wix.com/austin-7-special

All the best

Stuart

The prototype four branch is fitted to the Ulsteroid with a semi downdraft SU and running nicely. It does seem to have made a difference! The engine is tuned and has a trials cam fitted, it certainly seems to go very well now at the side of when it had a standard cast manifold fitted.

[/img] photo 10492501_699185856819614_5942782827954738288_n.jpg[/img]

Re: New exhaust manifold now cycle wings

Stuart,
I like the idea of cycle wings that turn with the wheels. Must keep you a little drier if out in the rain. Any chance of some pictures to show how you have mounted them please?
Thanks Alan

Strange. I was just about to ask the same thing.

I will take some pictures tomorrow.

The current ones have been a little troublesome, with the bolts coming loose and the tubular struts snapping off near the bottom. However the Mk1 version on earlier back plates worked very well. They had a C shaped mounting plate which bolted the whole wing and stays assembly on in one piece. The current setup is on semi girling back plates and has three separate mounting plates, one for each strut.

Oh for goodness sake, I cant read the code to post this, let alone type it!!

Here you go gentlemen.

photo 10505524_699728670098666_3670231689782144766_n.jpg" />

Thanks, Stuart. I appreciate the effort.

(Thread drift)...I've looked around for suitable wings and decided to wheel my own since I wanted to keep the weight down. I had expected the stays to come off the 4 axle/backplate bolts but I guess that your method is a lot easier to utilise. I'll try it your way first.

These might help too, the earlier type, pre Girling back plate fittings. They bolted straight onto the back plate and worked very well.

photo 994130_700125063392360_209611492966619743_n.jpg" />

photo 1610776_700124860059047_7176991270394268118_n.jpg" />