Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rear wings. Where from?

Try these guys

Autocycle Engineering

When I lived in the UK Rod Yates made me a very nice set for a fair price, IMHO far better than the trailer wings that I had previously fitted to the car.

We make TT Rep cycle wings in aluminium and have a set in stock at the moment, email me for more details if you like.

Stuart Roach

Thanks everyone.
I've managed to find a set of alloy 6 inch wide alloy guards for 19 inch wheels with enough clearance on them. As this car is very wide it couldn't take the more usual small cycle profile wings since the bodywork extends to half way across the tyre tread in the same way as Ruby rears. Should arrive next week, just before I go into hospital.

Stuart. I had a look at your website. Verrrrrry nice toys!

Hopefully this will explain it.

Bodywork extends out to 1/2 way across the tyres surface, so cycle wings wouldn't really work.

Hi Rob, just seen your post and if you're still interested in proper steel rear wings, I've got a couple of good ones although covered with superficial rust that look as if they're similar to 2-Seat Tourer/Opal models. I can send photos of them to your email address if you're interested. James

Thanks James.

I'm at hfh200@hotmail.co.uk
I've got some ali ones on order but there is another car here that will need a set at some point in time.