Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ebay photo of Ulster
Re: Ebay photo of Ulster

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Damian. It's an interesting picture. Do you think the location is Derbyshire? The road leads to some sort of stately home - or is it a crematorium? I like the windscreen wiper. I understand its location but it must give the driver even more of a crick in the neck when it rains!
Regards, Stuart

It does look like Derbyshire with those drystone walls doesn't it. I think the chimney in the background could be a cement works, an old lead mine engine house, or even a mill?
You must have better eyes than me, Stuart, I can't even see the wiper!

Ian Mc.

I cheated, Ian and enlarged the image!

Regards,
Stuart

Interesting, too, that it appears to have been re-registered. Depending on where I look, OE is either an Oxford number, or a Birmingham number, dating from 1934. If the latter, could it have been re-registered by Austin themselves for resale?

I agree that the location looks like Derbyshire; I would suggest the White Peak area, perhaps near Hartington. My first thoughts were that it was the Friden Mill near Newhaven, but I can't make the road layout quite fit...

Could be Oxfordshire dry stone walls and if a mill or industrial chimney, Bliss Mill, Chipping Norton or Hook Norton Brewery perhaps?