Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hurray the Vans finished

WOW Mark. Very impressive and well done. Look forward to seeing her in the flesh.

Was great to see you at Wollaton and have a catch-up.

Drove the RP to a friends Birthday bash at Ruddington Heritage Centre yesterday.
50 mile round trip. Great fun.

Regards Paul.

Thankyou very much Jeff and Richard.
Richard that's confirmed the information I have and ties in with the log book, it does seem our George had his fingers in a few pies. Just looking at a dealers book from 1959 shows him as a Austin and Riley franchise holder as I was told but persumed it was earlier then 1959,he did own the van from 1935(new) until 1954 which could be before he obtained the Austin franchise.
Once again thanks for everyone's help.
 photo 739F79D6-8D57-4E0B-B7BB-9AB3A8912C81.jpg

Thanks Paul,good to hear from you and yes it was great to catch up at woolaton.
Glad your getting some enjoyment out of the car,that's what they were made for.
All the very best.
Mark.

P.S hope you haven't just got home from Wollaton on that bike.

Had the signwriting done on the van yesterday,amazing to watch a true craftsman at work and i'm really pleased with it and think it finishes it off.
 photo 40C43D4A-D5FD-47BA-B7D0-34A7AF775EE8.jpg

Very nice indeed!

Thanks Ruairidh,it's been a headache at times as most restoration are but I'm very pleased with how it's finished up.

Mark --that looks superb and how appropriate to put it back to its original signwriting and I hope to see you driving around --great achievement !

Hi Mark

Great sign writing. Is he/she local as I need some lettering & lining doing on one of my small motor rollers.

Top job.
Paul.

Thanks John,I'm hoping to get a few miles on it before the winter.

Paul, the man who did the writing is Graham Bridges from Tetney near Grimsby,he is willing to travel and I can't recommend him highly enough,I just watched in amazement and he was chatting away to me as he did it,obviously it was just so natural to him.
Google Graham Bridges signwriter and he has a web site.

Thanks for that Mark. I'll contact him.

Paul

well done mark,

as i sed before the sign writing always brings them to life.

i`m sure the S V V C would love to see it now, the austin 12 pick-up which i think was in the same auction as yours. is now on display there (restored).

tony

Thanks Tony,I've seen pictures of the pick up,very nicely done.
I hoping to take it to the SVCC extravaganza at Glamis castle next year.
It's nice to know that at least two vehicles in the auction have made it back on the road.

More plaudits Mark! Your van looks fantastic, but I wouldn't expect anything less judging by your RP. That'll be another Austin Seven to tiptoe around the Doncaster pot holes.