Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nearly 35yrs and Andy Storer and I will meet again, stay tuned

Well Hello to everybody

Just to let you all know I'm back in the UK and based in Cheshire. An amazing event took place and I received a lovely phone call from Andy Storer, yes it must be nearly 35yrs since we met last. Its rather surreal because Andy has a base in Sandbach Cheshire. For all of you who wondered what happened when I stopped building Specials, please google the JIMP.
Yes, it was my design and yes we built all 72 of them in Sandbach, so as you can imagine its wonderful to hear from him all these years later. And I hope to hear from many of my old friends also

WELL !!! some more news, I don't think any of you know but back in 1994 I was based in Phoenix Arizona USA, and to avoid boring everybody the details I was in touch with Peter Morgan who I'm sure you all are aware of.

The idea was very simple, that was for Morgan to build the 3 wheeler Chassis/ Body and for us to import and install a Harley Power Plant. Well the problem was Peter wanted to build the complete vehicle but for us it did not make sense to ship an Engine across the pond, only to bring it back.

Well, as they say the rest is history, but frankly I'm terribly disappointed in the product Morgan finally launched.

So, bottom line I thought possibly some of you maybe interested to know I'm going to come out of retirement (Ha Ha) and build one more key special before hanging my hat... !!!!

So, possibly if any of you are bored sitting on your Buns, I'd welcome your comments and suggestions.
You're all welcome to comment and please contact me at

" peterkukla928@gmail.com "

A Big hello to all

Peter xx

Re: Nearly 35yrs and Andy Storer and I will meet again, stay tuned

Peter Kukla
please google the JIMP.

Well I have just done this Peter and am quite shocked at how lively Cheshire has become!

Have you actually tried to Google "jimp"?

Ruaridh makes a good point! JIMP has a very specific meaning to many, especially on the internet!

It would appear Jimp is not enough. But if you try JIMP PK Manufcturing I think it will direct you a lot better.

BR Peter

My dad seems to remember it. I have to say, I think a JIMP pick-up would be a lot of fun.

This is very exciting.
Far too exciting I fear.

OK.......

It would appear I've kicked something off in the wrong direction ( No change there then ) !!

Just so the record is straight, in 1981 we registered the trade JIMP and frankly I have NO idea what it means these days !!

BR Peter

Is this heading in the correct direction?

http://www.jimp.myzen.co.uk/

Welcome home!

Yes it would appear we're heading in the right direction. In the 70's I built and competed in a number of Austin 7's and later Riley specials.
In the 80's I took all that experience towards to design and development of the Jimp.

Br Peter

Nice david Brown in the Jimp link, perhaps a new thread, A7s in front of '70s DBs................I could start...........W