Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin 7 "Brescia" Special

Hello all,

I've been looking into an Austin Seven I'm currently mulling over, which I believe some of you may be familiar with. The car was built in 2009/2010 or so, and used for perhaps as little as one VSCC trials season in 2011.

It's a rather peculiar car, in that it has a 'Brescia' style body, with external controls.

I've found a few pictures and videos of the car across the internet, but given it's unique body and seemingly well constructed nature, I wonder if anyone would be able to shed some more light on the vehicle; who constructed it etc.

I should note I can't find it on the register, and have only found one thread on this forum drawing reference to it:
http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=875940&cmd=show

Any help would be appreciated,

Andrew Wright.

Re: Austin 7 "Brescia" Special

Andrew Wright
Hello all,

I've been looking into an Austin Seven I'm currently mulling over, which I believe some of you may be familiar with. The car was built in 2009/2010 or so, and used for perhaps as little as one VSCC trials season in 2011.

It's a rather peculiar car, in that it has a 'Brescia' style body, with external controls.

I've found a few pictures and videos of the car across the internet, but given it's unique body and seemingly well constructed nature, I wonder if anyone would be able to shed some more light on the vehicle; who constructed it etc.

I should note I can't find it on the register, and have only found one thread on this forum drawing reference to it:
http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=875940&cmd=show

Andrew Wright.

What an odd thing. Why try to make an Austin 7 into something that it isn't.
It reminds me of someone trying to make a Triumph Herald into a Bugatti Type 35.

Charles

Charles P
Andrew Wright
Hello all,

Andrew Wright.

What an odd thing. Why try to make an Austin 7 into something that it isn't.
It reminds me of someone trying to make a Triumph Herald into a Bugatti Type 35.

Charles

Odd is certainly one way to describe it! However, it does offer an interesting alternative to yet another Ulsteroid, and I think represents something a bit more playful than one of the more popular bodies seen on specials.

Certainly going to be a controversial car though!

I remember looking at this car on the Welsh Trial a couple of years ago. It struck me as a strange thing to do, but I was impressed by how well it had been put together.

Come on you lot, don't be so patronising; it's a splendid and delightfully amusing machine. To say anything less is plain churlish and smacks of sour grapes.

Agree with Nigel. The car even has the appropriate engine lubrication system!

Bob Culver

Nigel Hamlin Wright
it's a splendid and delightfully amusing machine.

Isn't it just, I like it as well.

Here is another similar one that I always admired, built by Steve Hodgson:

photo Stevesspecial_zps6bd3bff0.jpg

Nigel Hamlin Wright
Come on you lot, don't be so patronising; it's a splendid and delightfully amusing machine. To say anything less is plain churlish and smacks of sour grapes.

Not sour grapes (I really don't want one) and not churlish.

Just not my thing.

Charles

Surely having a pretend Bugatti trumps a pretend Ulster?

The beauty of it is, it isn't pretending to be anything; it's an A7 special after the style of Bugatti. Unlike some of the Ulster reps pretending to be Ulsters.

I think it's rather cute and a bit of fun.

Ian Mc.

And long may the tradition of Special building continue!!

Stuart Roach
And long may the tradition of Special building continue!!

Amen!

One of the nicest specials I've seen.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one enthusiastic about the wee thing!

Does no-one have any idea who built it though? I'm really curious as to how it came about.

It was built by Nigel Upston, and is great.

Imagine trying to turn an Austin 7 into something it is not.....................

W

I think his first name was Ettore.....
Dave.