Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Splash fed crank vs Pressure fed crank....

I wholly concur withs Jim's modifications and carry out very similar myself. The o rings are well worth while, if you set a crankcase up with a reservoir of kero and run the oil pump it is amazing to witness how much escapes around the cam bushes. I is also well worth noting that as Mike Forest told us all those years ago the jets often do not squirt quite where they are pointing so the paraffin in your boots alignment method is very worth while.

Thank you for the reply Jim,
what size hole did you drill through the m5 screw?

I reduce the hole to 5/32" with no ill effect to the timing gears or bearing, I would expect you could probably reduce further still.

Ian Williams
I reduce the hole to 5/32" with no ill effect to the timing gears or bearing, I would expect you could probably reduce further still.

Thank you for this info

This is a fascinating side-line that deserves a thread of its own with diagrams etc if any of the authorities who contributed to it are willing. Obviously guys like me just go for big pumps and hope for the best !

1 2