Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1932 Austin Seven Breaks Lap Record Poster

May I also reserve two please. Let me know how and where to send payment to.

Many Thanks.

Paul

One for me please! Early Christmas present to self....

Alastair

Timothy Payne
 photo 2014-11-29-016_zpsc8feda70.jpg
I hope it is OK to post this here but I think it may be of interest with Christmas coming up.
Hello,
I recently acquired a very large poster that was copied from the original. As it was too big to display at home I took it to a local printing firm to get a computer file and have some prints done. I also had them edit out the creases that were in the print of my poster. I am really pleased with the results and would like to offer my fellow enthusiasts a chance to have a poster themselves.
These are printed on A2 banner material which gives a nice quality feel and also make the poster water resistant so perfect for garages and sheds as well as inside the home. The photograph doesn't really do the poster justice. Price is only £8.00 plus £4 P&P to mainland UK.
I have a batch of 10 at the moment but i can get more done quickly at the same price if there is enough interest.
Please email to order.
Thank you

Fantastic but misleading poster. Nevertheless I have ordered one!
The car illustrated is a stylised 1930 TT car, arguably Waites, not capable of much over 90 m.p.h.
The record was taken by a works single seater (Duck or Dutch Clog)

Article here about another Austin 7 speed record. This one by Cushman, same car though?

Yes I can only assume they used this image rather than the "Duck" as it bears more of a resemblance to the Austin Sevens available to buy? I had presumed it was the car shown in Austins link but cannot find any evidence to confirm or disprove this. The motorsport article Here refers to it as Waites Austin with Driscoll driving.

Henry Harris
Timothy Payne
I hope it is OK to post this here but I think it may be of interest with Christmas coming up.
Hello,
I recently acquired a very large poster that was copied from the original. As it was too big to display at home I took it to a local printing firm to get a computer file and have some prints done. I also had them edit out the creases that were in the print of my poster. I am really pleased with the results and would like to offer my fellow enthusiasts a chance to have a poster themselves.
These are printed on A2 banner material which gives a nice quality feel and also make the poster water resistant so perfect for garages and sheds as well as inside the home. The photograph doesn't really do the poster justice. Price is only £8.00 plus £4 P&P to mainland UK.
I have a batch of 10 at the moment but i can get more done quickly at the same price if there is enough interest.
Please email to order.
Thank you

The car illustrated is a stylised 1930 TT car, arguably Waites, not capable of much over 90 m.p.h.

At the 1930 Ards TT in practice the three works cars did have an apron like that in the stylised picture. They were removed for the race, presumably as they gave no advantage.

As with Meccano - "We didn't say that was what was in the box!"

Tony.

(Who has a number of quite small boxes with a Giant Block Setting Crane on the lid)

simon hales
Henry Harris
Timothy Payne
Hello,
Please email to order.
Thank you

At the 1930 Ards TT in practice the three works cars did have an apron like that in the stylised picture. They were removed for the race, presumably as they gave no advantage.

Simon are there any pictures of the cars in their practice guise that you can post on here.

Thanks to some some very kindly forwarded information the entries list states the car was number 1 entered by Waite and Driven by Driscoll which appears to show that it is the 'Duck' in this shot. http://www.austinharris.co.uk/photo/1932-easter-monday-meeting/125
I have also been told this is the last of the 4 and that this was the car that was modified into "The Duck for Germany".
Also note in the photo the TT car of W L Thompson sporting a front bib, possibly providing inspiration for the poster.

Yes Please, put me down for one too,

Timothy Payne
Thanks to some some very kindly forwarded information the entries list states the car was number 1 entered by Waite and Driven by Driscoll which appears to show that it is the 'Duck' in this shot. http://www.austinharris.co.uk/photo/1932-easter-monday-meeting/125
I have also been told this is the last of the 4 and that this was the car that was modified into "The Duck for Germany".
Also note in the photo the TT car of W L Thompson sporting a front bib, possibly providing inspiration for the poster.

Here are some pics of the factory team at practice for the TT, 1930

24 Arthur Waite, 23 Gunnar Poppe, 22 Archie Frazer-Nash

The Thompson car of 1932/3 was a crudely streamlined customer TT car.

Timothy Payne
Hello,
Please email to order.
Thank you

Hi,

Great poster please put me down for 1 and how do I pay for it?

I'll have one too please.

Mine arrived in the post this morning. I'm really happy, it's a lovely thing.

Many thanks Timothy for getting them made and offering them to the forum.

Andy

Thank you Andrew, I'm glad you are pleased.
I will be picking up more of these tomorrow hopefully.
Also if anyone has tried to contact me about one and I haven't replied within a day just give me a nudge on here or email tepayne@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks again everyone for your responses.

Mine arrived in the post today. Couldn't be more pleased. The photographs above don't do it justice. Many thanks Tim

Steve

Thank you for the kind words Steve, Really glad you are pleased.

Tim

Thanks Tim - mine arrived today and as others have said, the picture doesn't do the real thing justice. Well done!
Alastair

Thank you Alastair glad to hear you're pleased.
Tim

Received mine today, really pleased with it thanks.

Steve.

Mine arrived this morning. Everything that it promised to be - delighted.

Thank you Timothy.

Ian Mc.

Glad that they are arriving safe and sound.
And really glad that they are bringing their new owners as much enjoyment as they have me.

Mine arrived today, excellent!
Thank you very much.

Glad to hear it Ian thank you.

Mine arrived this morning. Excellent!
Out of interest, what is the size of the original poster?

Hello Henry,
Glad to hear the poster arrived ok.
The copy I bought is a reprint reputedly copied from an original and is approximately 6 foot by 4 foot. From the size of the creases that are in the print my guess would be that the original was possibly not quite this large.
Obviously this is just a guess.

Mine arrived today and I'm very pleased with it. Middle son pronounced it cool and wants it for his flat in London. Showed it SWMBO who said it was too good for the garage and can be found a place in the house. Hurrah. Thanks Tim.

That is great news Andy.
Glad it has been so well received by all and gets to stay in the house.
I don't know whether a review gets better than that.
Thank you very much.

Not the house, but pride of place in the garage good enough for me!

Looks great Andrew and good inspiration next to the to do list.
Thanks for sharing.

Mine arrived today,Might have to order another one yet,Ann says it too good to go in the garage!

Thank you David,
Glad it has arrived with you safely and has been so well received.
All the best