Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RP Silencer

Only 41 years? Its still too soon to know the life of a Trojan exhaust as most are still using the original after 85+ years!

Does anybody know how other 2 strokes fare with their exhausts?

Pearls not a Singer
Only 41 years? Its still too soon to know the life of a Trojan exhaust as most are still using the original after 85+ years!

Does anybody know how other 2 strokes fare with their exhausts?

Yes, this one was a cheap and nasty. We're pretty confident that the '34 PD had its original silencer until 2006.

Ruairidh Dunford
I buy mine from the Seven Workshop, very pleased with quality and performance.

Thanks Ruairidh. Ordered it this morning.

Given the fleet and their mileage, it's ridiculous how rarely I need to buy parts! Having said that, I've relied for decades on large stocks that I built up in the late 'seventies and early 'eighties and these are now starting to look a bit thin. Must try to do something about that.

Happy Christmas!

The experience with my RP was that it routinely did 50 mpg on trips at 40-45 mph but when fitted with a silencer with few baffles, dropped to 40 mpg.

With leaded petrol and associated scavengers silencer life was usually moderate. Would be very interested in the construction details of the original, but probably impossible to fathom from any remaining dust piles.

I am astonished at the mileage some still clock in Sevens. Even when used everyday for work and with numerous trips only did about 3,000 per year for decades . But lived close to work, and in my ownersip a lot of down time for mods, engine rebuilds etc!

Bob Culver

I ordered my silencer yesterday morning and it arrived at 12:10 today - Christmas Eve. I'm seriously impressed with the Seven Workshop's service - thanks very much if you're reading this!

Are you going to wait until tomorrow to open it?

Ruairidh Dunford
Are you going to wait until tomorrow to open it?

Ooops! Too 'cited. Does that mean that Santa won't come?

My daughters tell me that you will still be okay...