Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Austin 7 sports

Hello Geoff,
Here are some links to some albums on Clive Barkers Flickr. Which have been painstakingly categorised into years. I have included up to 1924 but he has all years on there.

Unfortunately not really any instances of headlamps mounted to the radiator surround (we generally call this the cowl, the more common place for early headlamps is scuttle). Austins didn't really bring the headlamps forward until I think briefly in 1927 and finally in 1928 (mounted on brackets from the cowl or the wings. Gordon England was know to mount the headlamps directly to the cowl, Ealiest probably the brooklands model in 1924. The brooklands model however looks very different to the above suggestions as does the later Cup model, which has the headlamps mounted similarly.
Do you have a picture of the car you are interested in, or any more details like a registration number?

Re: Austin 7 sports

Hi Timothy. Thanks for taking the time to put all the links up. 1924 is the closest to what I am looking for, the turquoise and black car. This is the one I found when doing a google search, but unfortunately limited to a few photos. Your links have given me a few more that a more helpful.But, if there are any more about, then I would be grateful to see them. It is for a painting commission
Again, many thanks
Geoff