Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AUSTIN ‘SALES & SERVICE’ SIGN...

Jim Stringer writes:

AUSTIN ‘SALES & SERVICE’

An order is due to be placed shortly with the company which recently produced the iconic ‘Dependable Austin’ – Dealer sign, for this 17” x 24” ‘Austin – Sales & Service’ sign which has been copied from an original, dating around the late 1920’s / early 1930’s, and is reproduced in vitreous enamel on 16swg steel plate with four holes for wall fixing with an estimated price of £85. (plus p&p). Please be kind enough to register your interest should you consider purchasing one.
I am always looking for further original ‘Austin’ signs to reproduce should you own, or know of any which may be of interest.

Jim Stringer.

photo AustinSalesandservicesign_zps67538ba3.jpg

Re: AUSTIN ‘SALES & SERVICE’ SIGN...

Just a reminder to keep me on the list Jim. Ian M

Hi Jim put me down for 2 please.
Thanks

And one for me please Jim

Hi Gents - (Geoff & Dave)

I shall require skightly more information if I am to send them to you please!!!! - perhaps e-mail me ?
regards.
Jim - as in James Stringer,

emailed

Andy

Jim, I think that I signed up for one of these, but just in case I didn't, please could you add me to the list?

Cheers,
David

Emailed James

Hi David,

Could you e-mail me again please as nothing came through
Cheers.
Jim.

Resent James. Many thanks

Gentlemen,

I have placed an order this morning for the 'Austin Sales & Service' signs, so delivery is anticipated to be around 6-8 weeks from now.
As with the other sign, I shall require a deposit of £30 please. If you require my details, please contact me via the e-mail. And, of course I shall require your address or that to which the signs are to be sent.
Finally, I have ordered a few extra this time, so there will not be a shortage should others be required. The price will be £85 plus P&P.
Many thank's
Jim.

Hi Jim,

Having missed out on the earlier sign (through my own tardiness) I'm wondering whether you might be able to say whether another order for them is planned at some point?

Thanks,
Damian.

Hi Damian,

If you are referring to the 'Dependable Austin' dealership sign, the answer is most probably no. I need at least 25 'orders' before placing an order with the manufacturers.
However I will have a couple of the 'Sales & Service' signs available should you want one of those.
Hope this is helpful.
Regards.Jim.g

Gentlemen,
With just a few weeks to go before the 'Austin Sales & Service' signs are ready to send out, I would ask those of you who have not yet sent me their deposit of £30 to do so a.s.a.p please.
Please e-mail me should you require any details concerning this. Oh, and please make sure you include your address and other contact details, which should be clearly printed in order that your sign is sent to the correct address.
Thanking you for your help in this matter.
Regards.
Jim.

Hi James
You have my deposit paid at the time of balance on dealership sign.
Dave D

Thank you David, you were the first!, but there are still a few who have yet to contact me.
Jim

With delivery expected towards the end of the month, I can advise that I just have a couple of spares available should you be still thinking about purchasing one. Once they have gone, that will be 'it'.
Please email me If you are interested.
Jim.

Hello James

Do you have one "Sales & Service" sign left ? If so I will take it.
Please let me know and what I owe you.

Many Thanks
Paul

Hi again Jim

Just checking you have received my reply.

Regards
Paul

Thanks for safe arrival today. Excellent product.

Thank you for your kind message Bart, and glad that it arrived in good order, and that you were delighted with your purchase. As a matter of interest, each one took just over half an hour to pack up, but ensuring they were not damaged during transit was paramount, so the time spent was well worth it.
Regards. Jim

Just received mine today too. A quality product and very well packed too. Many thanks James

James stringer
Thank you for your kind message Bart, and glad that it arrived in good order, and that you were delighted with your purchase. As a matter of interest, each one took just over half an hour to pack up, but ensuring they were not damaged during transit was paramount, so the time spent was well worth it.
Regards. Jim

Hi Jim

Received mine. Excellent.

Cheque on its way.

Regards
Paul