Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
It's Back

At least the description is a little more realistic this time. If not the price!

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/austin/all-models/austin-7-monoposto-racing-car/3612492?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=&utm_content=read_more_classified_1&utm_source=20150127

Re: It's Back

This one is a leading contender for the 2015 'You must be joking' award for optimistic pricing.

At least they have the grace to state there are 'no provenance papers with her as such'

Would a car of this type, still have had a splash fed crank ?

Location: West of just about everybody, last place the sun sets !!

And now the seller has some feedback!!

the car is also for sale on ebay,

its more a problem of value for money.

some single seaters can be worth £40k-£50k.

if they had used a nice a £2k 6inch rev counter amongst other vintage gauges, you can then start to see were the price is coming from.

or maybe even a well done blown engine, i beleive the last two blown engines were sold through the forum for £15k each.

it should be remembered if you build a car from cheap option parts. it a cheap car when it comes to selling it on.

thanks tony.

It's no surprise to me. Previous cars restored by the same person have had equally ridiculous price tags. I agree if it was made from expensive parts it might be worth somewhere near.

The only single seat Austin I remember from the 60s/70s wasn't this one. I've not seen it but I'd guess the true value at a bit (quite a bit actually ) less than £20k.
It's advertised for 60k. Some rich but not A7 wise person will offer 40k thinking they have a bargain. The thing with old cars is you can ask ludicrous prices and if you wait, someone will pay over the odds.

Yes, it's a £20K car but even then what to do with it? VSCC - not eligible, 750MC - back of the pack. Perhaps a bit of hill climbing?
Particularly drawn to the plastic cable ties on a £60K car!
David B.

I didn't see the cable ties (with the ends not even trimmed) at first as my eye was drawn to the lovely pop rivets.
From what I can see the only bit worth having might be the exhaust manifold. Why on earth you would want two identical Austin (10(?)) speedo's?

"London rims" :( on the front. Just what I always wanted!

Sorry I had a crap evening working on the bathroom otherwise I may have been a bit more positive about it.

Tom

I see the motor has "billeted" con rods, perhaps the chap who built it was in the army?