Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wragg Austin 7 Single Seaters

Hello,

I hope someone can help me trace the locations/owners and chassis numbers of the missing (not in my records) ‘Wragg’ Austin 7 Replica Single Seater racing cars built circa mid 80’s.
I have recently traced 3 in Japan. The ones i do know are as follows. Flockhart Mk1. Brydon/Wood/Young Mk2. Harvey Mk3 001. Baba Mk3 002. Barlow Mk3 003. Pearson Mk3 008. Snow Mk3 010. Baba Mk3 011(works). Wragg Mk3 012.

I did speak to a guy in the states many years ago who owned one, but have subsequently lost his details…? Once i have collated all the information and any photographs i plan to make a limited edition book, which i think would be a nice gesture to the work of my late Father, Alan W Wragg.

Thanks in advance regards Adam

Re: Wragg Austin 7 Single Seaters

Adam , What do the names mean in the references such as Barlow. Are they the names of people who may own them. I ask because I know that John Barlow of the PWA7 club either does or did own a seven racing style car which was put together in Nottinghamshire during circa 1970-80s.
If I am barking up the wrong tree please excuse me and put it down to age.

John, sorry if i confused you. The name before the chassis number are the previous or present owners. Obviously i know where these cars are. Its the other five or so cars that I'm missing any details past or present whereabouts. I know John Barlow quite well so his knowledge will be next port of call.

Adam

Adam, you might like to see this photo taken at Staunton Harold in the 1960s; I believe this was Alan's first single seater:

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

Don't know what went wrong with that,but as others have found, we can now no longer edit our posts
Still click on the link and that does work...

Here you are Mike,

photo 001800_zps469ce0c7.jpg

Mike that is indeed the Mk1, thank you very much for posting. Did you know my Father and Sherwood Restorations? Now to track down the missing cars and find some photographs...

Yes indeed, Adam, I knew Alan quite well, and called round to the house near Papplewick regularly.
I remember turning up in my brother's Riley Lincock coupe, and Alan saying it was the Bee's Knees - that was the first time I had heard the expression, and hearing it now always recalls Alan...

Nice smile

Good morning Adam,

I had this forum pointed out a couple of days ago.
It was a pleasure to meet you and your brother and your family at Wollaton Park a few years ago when we managed to assemble 6 Wragg cars.

I also own Mk3 number 9, so you can update your list. It was one of three cars bought by the late John Wilment. The others that he owned were Number 7, now in Japan and number 10 owned now by John Snow.

John Barlow has been threatening to write up the history of these wonderful cars but he has been unwell for some time.
If you need any photographs etc please get in touch.

Can I put my name down for a copy of the book when it is completed.

Regards

Peter Pearson

Hello Peter, thank you for your reply. Ah so you have number 9 too... (ticks box). Photographs would be fantastic, of both cars, I would like to photograph them myself if possible? Car number 7 as you say is in Japan but this car has no visible chassis number once painted red now white. Im going to see John this weekend to gleam some more information. Yes to the book which i will make happen.

Speak soon Adam

I'm sure Terry Brown near me in Oxfordshire had one, but that must have been ten years since I last saw it.

Hi Ivor, Terry had a red one many years ago which I think was sold to Japan...maybe now the white one? Terry also had a green single seater which I think I may have seen for sale last year though I might be mistaken.

Terry was very kind and supplied me parts aged 12 when I first started with A7s and again when I was 17 making me a very nice remote change and exhaust manifold.

Ivor, according to my notes to date: Terry Brown owned the Silver car Mk3 001 now owned by Mike Harvey (UK). This car is a Wragg/Broadhead (Wragg parts completed by Broadhead) collaboration noticeable for its high mounted wing mirrors.

Christopher i will check with John Barlow to confirm your important points. Don't want to get anything wrong. The green car that sold last year was the Mk2 once owned and raced by John Brydon of Edwardian car fame. Sold by Julia Wood her late Fathers car. Now owned by Duncan Young (Youngs Frozen Fish).

Thanks Chris and Adam, I'm glad I'm not losing my marbles!

dear Adam.

would like to know if your dad had made the single seaters with a twincam engine? did somebody ever reproduce the twincam (not the car....but the engine)? you can contact me through Email: Tom.vanburkum@vintagemotorsport.ch

I am looking for such an 750 twincam engine...

hope to hear from you soon

regards - Tom

Have you looked at the twin cam engine?

Tony.

Hi

I note that a MkIII Wragg Special is currently up for sale:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-special-wragg-single-seater-project-/332131666289?hash=item4d54970971:g:ju4AAOSwB-1YqZXf

It would be great to see this back racing in 750 Trophy or in sprints or hillclimbs.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Wood

Did Adam Wragg finish the book on the Wragg specials?

Tony.

Hi Tony, (all)

The Wragg A7 book is still in process just three cars to trace. Im currently starting the page build, as a Graphic Designer by trade it should look rather nice.

Once I'm near completion which should be this year, I will post a notification

Best wishes

Adam Wragg