Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finally

renaud
Great work indeed and great photo too! (But we want more!)

Renaud, if you click on the photo it should take you to my Photobucket album which shows the whole rebuild from the day I tried to drive the car home.

Superb Leon, nice job.

They look great. Well done.

I'm naturally chuffed that you put my approval as the highest certification you can find. I don't know why I'm on such a pedestal but I'll take it where I can get it!

Best wishes

Charles

Well with about 150 miles done and one little mod to the front mudguards I can confirm that top speed has not been reduced and my arm stays a little dryer.

Ooh - I feel a breakfast run out somewhere is needed...

I saw the car at Snetterton and often on here but have never looked at the whole photo album. There's a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Do you like the front suspension?

How big is that fuel tank and what range does it give?

Did the rear frame clean up really well or did you make it? If so what spec tube and how did you bend them?

I like the "snip some out" method for the tail. Is in ali? Gas welded?

I understand the delight at the enclosed front wheels. Mine had really narrow fixed wings on which were OK straight ahead but as soon as I turned even slightly right would give me a face full. A very wet Cadwell one year (last century) is fresh in the mind.

David

Hotrodfil
Ooh - I feel a breakfast run out somewhere is needed...

Hotrodfil

I was going to pop in and see you on Sunday but Awkward said you were at Bob's.
12th of April is the next Breakfast drive, Weather depending. Completely different location this time CM6 3TH.

David
I saw the car at Snetterton and often on here but have never looked at the whole photo album. There's a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Do you like the front suspension?

How big is that fuel tank and what range does it give?

Did the rear frame clean up really well or did you make it? If so what spec tube and how did you bend them?

I like the "snip some out" method for the tail. Is in ali? Gas welded?

I understand the delight at the enclosed front wheels. Mine had really narrow fixed wings on which were OK straight ahead but as soon as I turned even slightly right would give me a face full. A very wet Cadwell one year (last century) is fresh in the mind.

David

David

We picked the car up on Good Friday 2013, its come along way since then, it probably does not meet with everyone approval, but who cares, its great fun to drive and lets face it, thats what its for.

Front Suspension, I have only ever driven 1 other seven (very briefly) so I have not really got much to compare it with but i am amazed at how well it does handle.

Fuel tank dip stick has been calibrated up to 7 gallons so far with a bit more space in the tank.

The rear frame has been made out of 20mm steel and stainless steel conduit and was been formed using what ever we had to hand, conduit bender and a old wheel (without tyre).

All the body panels are 1.5mm Ali. We did try and panel beat the double curve panel but could not get it right, so Awkward spent a day working out how to fabricated it and i was left to copy his pattern and Tig weld them in place.

Its taken more hours than I first thought to make the front mudguards, there not perfect but I'm very pleased with them, well worth the hassle.