Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1930 RK Saloon Pytchly Sunroof Rebuild

Thank you Ruairidh, Ian, David and Dave.

That is absolutely stunning work Bryan, I'm glad my RP roof is mostly metal, I can handle that!

If I can finish my RK like that I will be well happy !
What material did you cover the roof with?

Thank you Ivor and Dave.

Dave, I should have said what material I used! I used the much recommended Everflex Vinyl Hooding which I obtained from Martrim (WWW.Martin.co.uk) at Sandbach. It is very durable, did the job very well, and is easy to work with.

Also, I should have said that I covered the whole roof, including the nose piece over the windscreen, in one piece so as to ensure integrity of waterproofing around the front and the water run-off channel. I then cut the opening for the sliding panel.

Proper job! Well done

Bryan,

Excellent work - I find it hard to believe you are not a trained cabinet maker/upholster or similar !

Tony.

Thank you P not S, and Tony in OZ.

No Tony, no formal training! I was lucky to have woodwork lessons at school which have stood me in good stead and I've done one or two big DIY projects in my lifetime. However, the downside was no metalwork lessons at school which was a real loss; until I reached 40 and decided that I would benefit from a course in machine shop practise at the local technical college which has proved really useful!