Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mobil sign...

Jim Stringer writes:

Hi Ruairidh,

The attachment is of my next, and probably final project, which is of a late 1920's 'Mobiloil sign of which 30 are currently in production with delivery expected early May.

You will notice that the cost includes a £5.00 'donation' towards the V.A.R's 12/4 cylinder block project.
Thanking you in anticipation.
With very best regards.
Jim.

Jim will post more about this, including contact details below...

photo jims advert_zpstnnknllg.jpg

Re: Mobil sign...

Most of these signs have already been ordered by those who have purchased the previous signs, but if these interest you, in spite of the high price, then please e-mail me, of phone on: 01795 880165.
Thank's. Jim.

Gentlemen,
The wait is almost over until you take delivery of the re-manufactured "Mobiloil" signs.
I drove up to the Beaconsfield services this morning to meet up with the MD of the company which has produced them for us.
I have to say that those of you who have placed and order for these signs will not be disappointed - they are superb.
Regrettably, if you did not order one, then you have missed the boat as all 30 have found new homes.
My job now is to wrap, pack and post them off to you, a task which I will tackle within the next couple of days, once I have been to B&Q to purchase the hardboard,
Please don't expect them to arrive immediately as each one takes me almost 45 minutes to prepare for posting. So that will take several days to complete.
On top of this we have just sold our house, so we shall be busy packing other things as well.
Cheers for now.
Jim.

Good evening James. Having paid £30 deposit what's the balance please and when do you want it?
Regards
Stuart

Hi Stuart,
Won't know that until I take one round to the Post Office to get it weighed, will be in touch when I have that info.
Cheers.
Jim

Thanks Jim
Regards
Stuart

Just received the sign this morning. Absolutely superb. In my opinion the best yet.
Many thanks to Jim for organising this

Chris

Hi Jim

Received mine. Excellent as usual. Cheque in post today.

Many Thanks
Paul

sign arrived safely and well packed. Very pleased, thanks Jim
cheers Russell

Well Gents,
That's about it with regard to re-manufactured 'Austin' and 'Austin-related' signage, at least for the foreseeable future, As we are now concentrating on packing up and clearing out tons, well, quite a lot anyway, of accumulated 'treasures' prior to moving house in (hopefully) the not too distant future.
I would like to express my thanks to all of you who, on receiving these signs have very kindly written. Telephoned or posted your comments on here, all of which have been extremely complimentary about these products and which I have since passed onto the manufacturer, as it was the skill of their employees who have faithfully reproduced them as accurately as was possible for us.
I sincerely hope that your purchases provide you with considerable pleasure, and a lasting reminder of the Motor vehicles which we all cherish.
Cheers for now, and thank you. Jim.

Thank you for your hard work Jim!

I have both signs and when I told my wife they were going in the garage I was told that they are too good to go in there so they will be going up in our house somewhere.

Nathan

..... and why not Nathan, your wife obviously has good taste and an excellent eye for beauty, and I am sure that they would surpass the beauty of any Rembrant or Picasso - Mind you, I doubt whether I would be allowed to get away with that!!!
good luck.
Jim.

Hi Nathan,
Firstly my e-mail address is: Jamescharlesstringer02@gmail.com, and, having moved house at long last my 'phone number has changed to: 01795 488177.
Now, down to business! Yes, the Mobiloil sign was (at that time) probably the last, but a new one has surfaced which I intend having re- manufactured by the same company.
This one dates from 1914 and features the Austin 'demonstrators' which were identified by a large white diamond painted on the radiator and available at most Austin agents and dealers?
The sign will be 17" X 24" and the price, excluding P&P works out at £145.
This too would look great either in doors next to the Mobiloil one or in the garage.
Please let me know if this is of any interest to you.
Many thanks.
P.s. Ian Moorcraft is hoping to get a rough picture of it on this website shortly.