Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: TT Cars

Tony
The original body is shown on the post by Austin Harris on 13/5/10. The tail was cut off and grafted onto a new scuttle and floor copied from the original in Canada. This work was to a high standard. The original panels were in a poor condition but came with the car. I had these acid dipped and repaired then put back together. This was undertaken in England by a fine craftsman at great expense. We did not get it right the first time so a second attempt was made. The aluminium and steel panels inside the tail were also repaired and used, even the damaged transmission tunnel and aluminium floor were repaired.
The original bonnet and two steel under trays are back on the car. The objective was to have the original body back on the car. This has finally been achieved. When the car is finally completed it will be as original as I could have made it. I have owned the car for five years now and soon will be able to take it for a run over the TT circuit. If I can work out how to post photos I will do so.
Regards
Simon

ALL I can say is show me the ...MONEY
I, and hopefully, others would like to see photos of this NICE and proper.. RESTORED... car.

Check out my twin cam..I must admit it is missing a cam,and it is a rep..REP
But ,Hay ho,I am proud of it, and think it is a nice looking car.

The Sullivan/Ireland/Canada/Ireland TT car.......

Car number, B3 2053
Chassis number, 128978
Engine number XA 155
Registered Dublin 1931, ZI 9218 to W. Sullivan
Built May 1931 for that year's Irish races

You may want to do some more research then.

The details regarding registration, ownership and build dates are anything but correct.

Scott

Scott McBurney
You may want to do some more research then.

The details regarding registration, ownership and build dates are anything but correct.

Scott

As a mildly interested bystander with little detailed knowledge I fail to understand how a reply stating that
"The details regarding registration, ownership and build dates are anything but correct"
can be made without actually giving the "correct" information?

Surely if we all share a similar interest in Austin 7's and their sporting history I don't understand why all parties with some knowledge don't just publish what they know rather than leaving us bystanders confused and to be honest rather tired.

Charles

Here we go guys,these are some numbers Gord sent me about this car.

Crank case 9c 221

gearbox case 9c 229p

rear springs 9c 142

steering box 9c 102

break pedal 9e 106

waterpump case 9c 19

inlet manifold parts 9c

now come on Simon ,picturesssssssssssssssss

I thought the pictures were on this thread:

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=863436&cmd=show

Julian Hunt
I thought the pictures were on this thread:

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=863436&cmd=show

They are from when the previous owner had it.

The late Ken Warren & I were lent Charles Goodacre's photo album in 1981 with his own written captions on backs of pics. See Assoc. mags 81D & 82B. I have professional prints of Goodacres originals which show more detail than shown in mags (they were dot-screened for printing). Two which didn't get in the mag are: 3 works cars in the pits at '34 LCC Relay captioned "Racing cars through the ages. Left to right '29-'31-'34. Waite car now monoposto" The other is captioned "Loading up on the boat to go to Irish Grand Prix-5/6th June 1931" showing an unnumbered car being loaded with straps round the wheels for lifting, not through wheel centres. Perhaps the holes you describe were for fitting the wheel discs which were being experimented with at that time? See 81d page 14 with discs on rear only as that photo's caption said they removed the front ones as the wind was making handling difficult. I have a copy of SCH Davis's book "Motor Racing" published by Iliffe in 1932 with a lovely chapter about the 1930 500 and a photo of that car crossing the finish line. I hope this is of interest, unfortunately, being a computer novice I don't know how to post the pics.