Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Phyl Stevens

It`s sad to hear of such a lovely lady leaving us, But to be with her Ray is something she would wish........

So very sad to hear of the passing of our dear Phyllis, for so many years along with husband Ray true ambassadors for our club.
If you asked a new member who they had met so far it would always be ‘Oh and we met Ray and Phyl Stevens what a lovely couple’. They were much, much more than a lovely couple, their secret generosity and kindness to others in trouble will never be known.
I will remember Ray and Phyl as two of the most genuine and kindhearted people I have ever had the privilege to know. Ian Moorcraft Bristol A7C

Well said Ian, Ray and Phyl were both very kind to me when, as a youthful 18 year old in the late 70's, I acquired a Ruby and didn't know anything about Austin Sevens.

One of the best, will be very much missed.

photo 9AD2C45B-32E5-4153-B673-92B45013B1DA_zpssvedk23k.png

I can only endorse what has already been said above. It was the late 80s for me as an 18 year old A7 obssessive. Phyllis & Ray, we're so welcoming and kind, introducing first themselves, then the rest of the BA7C gang to me. Great people, great memories. Winston

Also very sorry to read this,a dn I echo everyone's comments about this lovely couple.

I was at Bath University in the seventies and came across Ray and Phyl while there. I had a 1932 Morris Minor, but that didn't matter to them. I stayed the night at their cottage one night after the BA7C meeting at the Kicking Donkey. I came out the next morning where my Morris and Ray and Phyl's 7 were parked in the lane. On the running board of my Morris was a half drunk pint from the pub the night before!

Another friend at the time was Tim Reynolds. I think we both lived in Winsley at the time? I'm delighted to see you on this thread, Tim!

I remember that Ray had a rare pre-war Aston Martin saloon in his shed - does anyone know where it is now?

The Aston Martin is with Ray and Phyl's daughter on the Isle of Lewis.

Thanks Ian!

Is this THE Ian Dunford whose shed I used to rummage through for Seven bits back in the seventies, somewhere north of Bristol and who had about 8 or 10 7's round the back?

Frampton Cotterell, the shed , the A7 bits, Ian and his beard are all still going strong!

Ian Grace
Thanks Ian!

Is this THE Ian Dunford whose shed I used to rummage through for Seven bits back in the seventies, somewhere north of Bristol and who had about 8 or 10 7's round the back?

I think you may have him confused with someone else, this does not sound like my father or his house at all, see below ;)

photo P7240037_zpsnhljprr8.jpg

photo P8130026_zpstkh629p7.jpg

photo P1000722_zpstifj2zvu.jpg

I am also quite certain that Phyl would not mind the deviation in topic one bit.

Oh God! Memories, memories!

If I may get back to Phyll, I was sorry to see the news of her passing. I stayed with the Stevens a few times and found them a delightful couple. They were generous enough to loan me their '34 flying black box (not an aeroplane) for the '92 Eurotour, which became embarrassing as I had no trouble whilst their hot Chummy had an engine mishap. Unknown to me they overnight swapped over a spare engine from the Tour trailer. It was a later motor with the long crankhandle housing poking out ahead of the radshell somewhat (don't know why they didn't swap the nosepieces over). Ray was proud to point out that his Chummy had woken up that morning with an erection! They completed the Eurotour that way. Incidentally, I've also stayed at the place shown above (no, not in the Spares shed) but have no idea who the strange man on the chassis could be! (Joke, Ian). Cheers, Bill in Oz