Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DRIVE IT DAY

Not feeling too good today (touch of Deli belly) but still going out in Annie towards Gillingham (Dorset).'Will see whether jet assistance improves the performance or if natural breaks detract from the overall time taken.

Re: DRIVE IT DAY

Going to have to pass I'm afraid. It's pee'ing it down here and we're on orange alert for storms, heavy rain, wind and hail, until lunchtime tomorrow.

I did venture out last weekend (it rained then too) and got the RP soaked. I've just about managed to dry it all off (the roof leaked again) so I've decided to try and avoid the wet stuff if I can.

"Bonne route" though to everyone that ventures out.

Ive got both my 7's out. Off for a spin In a bit. Just having a shower after mowing the lawn

Stayed my daemons with the first outing of the year today. I've always been worried about driving from home as we live with steep hills everywhere and mobile signal nowhere. Last year I trailered the car out of the mid Wales desert and then drove from there. Today 30 miles up and down 15% hills from home!

Howard

Hedd,
could use one of those waterproof computers myself, where do you shove the soap whilst you are typing?.

Ruairidh Dunford
Don't forget to use your car on Drive it Day tomorrow!

The Scottish Austin Seven Club are heading up into Stirlinghire to celebrate the life of Club President Bob Flockhart who died earlier this year, photos to follow.

We have all four seasons today, glorious sunshine, hail, rain and wind - several times.

Great day spent on the smaller roads in Stirling ending at Doune...

photo DSC_0277_zps691wz7k9.jpg

photo DSC_0276_zps1qvxpj0c.jpg

photo DSC_0279_zps5kxlsciq.jpg

photo DSC_0278_zpssbr4xcrh.jpg

Nice to see a great collection of Sevens north of the border, R. I managed about sixty miles in Dorset and saw no other classic cars at all,passed a meeting of classic bikes in a pub and several BSA's and Velocette's all enjoying a ride, although the cold wind and overcast sky wasn't too exciting.Glad to report no malfunctions mechanical or physical.

South Wales club was out and about on drive it day, around the lanes of Gower, nice day and the sun shone.

I drove mine down to Weymouth and passed a 34 Morris Minor going the other way

photo DSCN1644.jpg A trip tp fiskerton for lunch.

photo DSCN1646.jpg followed by a trip to southwell for ice cream where I spotted a yellow chummy in the minster garage and ANOTHER yellow chummy at Sherwood restorations!!.

The PWA7C Staffs/Shrops Group, based at Eccleshall Staffs, also enjoyed a splendid run over the Staffordshire Moorlands and into the Peak District yesterday 28th April: assembling at Knypersley north of Stoke-on-Trent, then through Rudyard, Leek and Longnor to Hulme End in the Manifold Valley with lunch at The Manifold Inn. A round trip of 110 miles for VX6119.
Here is a picture of the participating Austin Sevens:

photo DSC02150A.jpg

Please note: the first car in the picture is Terry Smith’s newly completed Ruby Special on its first outing! See new post to follow on “New Ruby Special”

Bryan.