Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ruby Special

Dave,

Sorry, no, I do not have any pictures of the rear! I really should have taken more pictures. The back is the most important and does look very pretty and very different! It is sort of boat tail with a sharp centre line and sloping down a bit towards the back. The hood folds down to sit on top and it looks very good. Terry made all thehood and fittings.

Terry is a contributer/user of the Forum and I will Email him and ask if he has more pictures - I'm sure he has.

Bryan.

Thank you Bryan.
Dave.

Here are more pictures of Terry Smith’s superb Ruby Special. Please note: the trimming/upholstery is all Terry’s own work! He told me his mother was a dressmaker and he watched her at the machine when he was young and the machine he used for the trimming on the Ruby Special was I believe a standard home sewing machine – wow!

photo DSC02358.jpg

photo DSC02356.jpg

photo DSC02359.jpg

photo DSC02360.jpg

Bryan.

Bryan,
Thank you.It's an excellent job and the upholstery is very well executed. I wish that my efforts with a sewing machine were half as good.
Dave.

Edited this before but no go. It will not process "it's an excellent job"