Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Autokarna Disabled Parking

I have friend who is disabled but normally goes to Autokarna.
He has been told the the disabled concession does not apply this year and that he would have to pay £5-00.
Can someone confirm this?

Re: Autokarna Disabled Parking

Brian,
You've rather stumped us on this one. We know nothing about a disabled concession and anyone now arriving in a suitable car will be refused entry as a competitor, thus negating the £5.00 mentioned. ( see my previous posting )
He can only park in the public car park and avail himself of any disabled facilities offered by Nottingham City Council.

Once again may I reiterate that rally entries are closed, we are full, and anyone hoping to enter on the day will not be able to.

Thanks.
Chris. PWA7C.

Many thanks Chris, I fear that I have misled you, the disabled person is not the owner of an historic vehicle.
With hindsight, I should have directed the message to Nottinghamshire council!

I have been on to Nottinghamshire council and they confirm that disabled parking is available but it is at £5-00 per car. Doesn't seem right somehow.

Brian Hutchings
I have been on to Nottinghamshire council and they confirm that disabled parking is available but it is at £5-00 per car. Doesn't seem right somehow.

I am all in favour of areas of disabled parking. However why should it be free or at a reduced price as disablement does nor necessarily mean that you are financially better or worse off than able bodied people. If you are then surely that is what mobility allowance is for.

John Mason

HEARTLESS..................

I am with John Mason on this subject .
I have a disabled badge , but all I want is to be able to park as close as possible to whatever . I am not looking fora freebie !

Merv

I whole heartedly agree with you john

Regards Ian.

Jon
HEARTLESS..................

... Jon forgot to add, and BRAVE