Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flood at Association Archive room

Hearty congratulations to Hugh, Ruairidh,Austin and Nick on the excellent document they posted on this topic on 6 June. It sets out a course of action which I am sure most readers of this thread would endorse.
I think the document makes it plain that there is now an onus on all the associated clubs (both home and overseas) to get this topic on the agenda of their next committee meeting with a view to briefing their A7CA rep for the next Association meeting. To make this happen it is important to contact your club secretary and state your case! Not all Club Committee members are in tune with this thread and it needs you to raise this agenda item. Do it now!
Ron

It would appear that a great deal of thought and effort has gone into the proposal by Hugh Barnes,Ruairidh Dunford,Austin Harris,and Nick Turley.The document gets my wholehearted support, it appears to cover all the requirements to safeguard the history of the vehicles and will enable more ,especially those of you living in "foreign" lands, to access the original documents first hand.
As I've said before "when its gone its gone", lets face it it's bad enough when you have lost something of your own, TO LOSE ANY OF THIS WOULD BE A CRIME.
My thanks to all four of you above for your commitment.

There appears to be no counter-argument here so let's either hear from those against (who find that knowledge is power?) or proceed with the project without undue delay.

Peter Naulls write:

Hi Ruairidh,

Delighted to see recent discussion and progress on the A7CA archive proposals. I wholeheartedly support all that is being proposed (I remember suggesting this 20 years ago!) and eagerly look forward to the result.

Only one other comment – that the “finished” website should permit (even encourage) owners to add serious research articles to the archive. I don’t mean accounts of club runs or restorations just period information relating to dealerships, coachbuilders, correct specification of cars etc . It seems to me that much of the material that has been (and will be) written in the mags of the many member clubs should at some point be accessible to a wider audience - if the member club /author so wishes.

Peter.

P.S. I’m still unable to post on the forum, hence the email.

It would also be very useful if the A7CA magazines were archived and put online at high(er) resolution.