Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Christian Pedersen at Snetterton

True. Unfortunately Christian had a very poor start which rather put him out of the race. Great testament to Alex's engines which won and took three of the top four places in the Voiturette (unsupercharged) trophy.
Outstanding meeting at Cadwell (well done VSCC) and the sun shone!
David B.

Austin in the Shed
I find it odd that the VSCC will accept the Lancia volume supercharger but don't accept the small Aisin.
I don't understand why you can't belt drive a supercharger and be vintage. (It must have been done)
I have been told that it is possible to get the same power output on a supercharged 7 using an Aisin or replica Cozette,
7th or 8th attempt!

The replica Cozette has proved to be just as good as the Aisin Amr 300 and 500. We have built and tested lots of blown engines and the Cozette on a mag crankcase gear driven can produce up to 70 Bhp which is exactly the same as our best Aisin power output.

Alan
There's more to it than that Charles. I think the aisin blower has plastic rotors. The inertia of these must be quite small in relation to a pre war roots blower. It will require much less power to spin up. If the VSCC allowed them I'd have one. However, I think it's the right decision and I'm quite happy not to.

They are aluminium rotors but with a plastic coating (similar to but not actually teflon I think) on them.

Simon

Alex,

Thank you for that info. It is to your great credit that he had the confidence to really use it and to enter so many races. It wasn't being treated as a fragile sprint special.

David

David Laver

Alex,

Thank you for that info. It is to your great credit that he had the confidence to really use it and to enter so many races. It wasn't being treated as a fragile sprint special.

David

Well done Alex in building an engine that strong.

David, I just wanted to echo your sentiment Re the reliability and strength of Alex's engines. As many of you know I too have a blown(aisin) pigsty engine in my car. The car is used extensively on the road an now the track. Last week we did a 500 mile round trip into Scotland tomorrow I'm at Curborough sprint, i haven't had an issue with the engine since fitting it in the car earlier in the year and recommend Alex's work to everyone. I'm not at all surprised at Christians success with his car.
Regards Ian.

I found the lap times of interest because twenty years ago the winner's time always hovered around the 2.00 mark. After last weekend the best lap of the last three winners of the Spero, the HRG, Miss Green and the Blue Mouse is 1.56. Does anyone have weight and power figures for these cars?