Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A sixties Austin 7 photo archive...

Hi Jon, sorry to be picky, but the first picture of the new batch (black&white veteran car) is printed the wrong way round. The car is a 1901 Georges Richard Type 1 and they were left hand drive. I recognised the car instantly as I have one exactly the same.

I will amend, oh guru! (The chap driving it isn't similar to you, by any chance, or a previous owner? There can't be many of those around, surely)

More information from that batch - the slide of the chummy is factory dates 1970. And it states 'My Chummy'. Someone must recognise those odd seats...

NEXT BATCH ARE UP!

JonE

NEXT BATCH ARE UP!

... and the Bugatti climbing Prescott and the chummy engine view are also back-to-front!
That's a lovely original RK interior, isn't it?

next batch up!
with a reference to 1965 Naddwater. I'm now getting distinct vibe.. deja vu... about some of the images. Anyone else get the same feeling?
aus7in.wordpress.com

The crumpled Chummy I recognize, fairly sure it is in the Harvey book.

ah - I was thinking of the Rinsey Mills! I wonder if the photographer worked on both.
There are clearly some family ones in there - perhaps I'll will track down a contact...

I'll put the last batch up now.

There are some cracking pictures there and some interesting detail shots, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few of those appear on the Pinterest site for reference.

Im NOT getting any pictures at all...........

Nor I - just Page not Found and Error 404...

annoyingly, one of the disadvantages of the forum is that you cant edit things or remove things after they have been posted!

its on http://aus7in.wordpress.com

The slides are on ebay now if anyone is desparate to own physical objects! (They are in the public domain, though, free for all...)