Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Epoxy floor paint.

I have painted two garage floors in the last five years and from experience can recommend Regal Paints. They have a technical department who are able to give advice when asked about suitable materials and finishes, depending on whether it is a new or old floor. Several friends have also used their products and all praise them for sound advice, excellent service and I think reasonable cost.

I used light grey two pack paint and it has proved durable and dried well enough in 24 hours to apply the second coat. I do recommend doing it properly, with the correct material and don't skimp, the results will I think you find stand hard use and retain it's good looks. Oil leaks, there have been several, ahem, are simply wiped up and the occasional moping brings it back to a good finish.

You will find them on the web.

Fitting out my new workshop, trying to find the box of screws I know is here somewhere!!!nbz

Oxford Jack
the occasional moping brings it back to a good finish.

I do that a lot, Jack, but the floor is still no better. I must have used a lesser class of paint.

Regards, Stuart

Thanks for all the feedback chaps, looks like epoxy is the way to go,just got to decide what colour to chose and YES I tend to spill things as well.

stuart ulph
Oxford Jack
the occasional moping brings it back to a good finish.

I do that a lot, Jack, but the floor is still no better. I must have used a lesser class of paint.

Regards, Stuart

Need to take more lessons from the fragrant Mrs Ulph I would suggest