Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brooklands exhaust

Hello everybody, I understand this may be a very long shot, but I recently took my Brooklands (RU8128) to the Beaulieu rally and spoke to a gentleman that said he had an original Brooklands exhaust and manifold.
Unfortunately I did not take his details and was just wondering if anybody knew of somebody with an original manifold?

Thank you for any help.

Christoff Cowens

Re: Brooklands exhaust

Christoff,

Don't take this the wrong way but I think you might be in a long queue.

Tony.

If the exhaust manifold is the same as the supersport I can help you with a new one.

Austin in the Shed
If the exhaust manifold is the same as the supersport I can help you with a new one.

I believe they are not the same, the Brooklands is flat and as the body work is quite a bit narrower the profile also differs.

Ian,

I'm being a touch pedantic here, but the super sports manifolds are flat rather than upswept, like the ulster manifolds. I am pretty sure that the Brooklands used flat manifolds as the precursor to the super sports. The only difference is the silencer- on the brooklands this a torpedo shaped thing with a large ring nut to connect manifold to silencer. On the super sports there is a flange connection to a brooklands can like the later ulsters, but with a horizontal exhaust system. Forgive me if I am teaching you to suck eggs! I am sure you are correct about the shape being different as well to suit the narrower body on the Brooklands. (Sorry that makes two differences)

Nick

Nick, you my well be correct, I had assumed that Dave was talking about an ulster pattern manifold but on reviewing this I realize maybe not. Whilst we are being pedantic, not all Brooklands had the torpedo shaped manifold, the later cars had a manifold very similar to the Super Sports which also may be narrower than the later ulster version. One of these could suit a late Brooklands replica, possibly with some slight modifications.