Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Engine Nosecones & Starting Handles

Tony,

There is another nose piece on EBay under: Austin Seven, item number 201399519209 current bid £17.

Bryan.

Bonjour Bryan

Thanks for the tip. I will see if I can do better tonight.

It's interesting that it's the same vendor - do you think he has a stock of nosecone - just joking!

I was going to bid on behalf of my brother in Eire, but having had a reply to a question regarding the condition of the handle locating lugs decided against it.

My nosecone had lost its handle locating lugs. They are almost always worn away with the vibration against the peg over the years. However it's not difficult to contrive an alternative holding method. A swing handle is much better than no suitable nosepiece!

Good evening all

I've just bought the nosecone on 'e' bay. I already have the correct starting handle but the shaft I have is in very poor condition. Has anyone got a large diameter 7/8" shaft that they would be prepared to sell?

I will also need an early type starter dog. None of the preferred suppliers seem to stock this item

I think I still have a couple of new ones on stock, I think they were priced at £20.00

You may find the 7 workshop does the shaft new.

Thanks tony

This is on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Starting-Handle-Dog-/161787143505?hash=item25ab43e551