Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Young Owners Insurance

Ryan, RH are quoting £300 for under 21s

I've used RH since I was 17 or so, as far as I can remember it was only £100 or so when I was below 20, and about half that nowadays.

Hi Ryan. Great to hear that you are intent on owning a 7. You do realise that 'Sevening' is likely to turn into an incurable lifelong addiction, don't you?!

As advised, RH is definitely the firm to talk to. When my son was 18 and learning to drive I was able to get him insured on my Ruby for a nominal additional sum.

However, be aware that RH may not be willing to insure you at under 25 years of age as an owner/driver and if the Austin is your sole car. They don't want older vehicles being used for daily transport and therefore may insist that you also have a 'modern'.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Nick Salmon

However, be aware that RH may not be willing to insure you at under 25 years of age as an owner/driver and if the Austin is your sole car. They don't want older vehicles being used for daily transport and therefore may insist that you also have a 'modern'.

I think that ACCESS to another vehicle is the requirement, Nick. Our two were named drivers on my wife's Saxo and that satisfied RH.

I was insured last year at the age of 21 on my special via the (at the time) VSCC scheme with Routen Chaplin for £200, which I didn't think was bad for a modified car in trials use.

Just an alternative for you if RH don't make the deal, obliviously the VSCC rate doesn't exist any more, and wouldn't apply if you're not a member, but it does show they are prepared to insure the young (which is more than most companies!)

ClassicLine will also insure you people, I have my engine-swapped Ford Anglia with them, unlimited miles. - so another useful company for you there.