Return to Website

Ask Eli

Have any questions about Aussies, or dogs in general? Feel free to ask them... I will answer them to the best of my ability. (I am under 2 yrs old but am incredibly knowledgeable for my age.)

Ask Eli
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Biting

Hi Eli,

You're a beautiful dog and obviously very smart for your age. My problem is my 7 month old Aussie, Riley. When he's scolded for doing something wrong, chewing on the remote control, the sofa or a pillow, etc., he will grab hold of my hand with his teeth. Sometimes it's a soft bite, sometimes not so soft. He has been given time-outs in his crate for this, but he still continues to do this. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Riley's Mom

Re: Biting

Riley's mom,

I'm MissP and I do the same thing! I love to chew. I do not like to be scolded and bark and hand grab when I am. How dare they think I am anything less than perfect! My mom keeps lots of chew stuff on hand and whenever I start biting on the wrong thing she distracts me with one of the things I'm allowed to have. But I'm a sucker for distraction, it works every time! MissP

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Eli,

You're a beautiful dog and obviously very smart for your age. My problem is my 7 month old Aussie, Riley. When he's scolded for doing something wrong, chewing on the remote control, the sofa or a pillow, etc., he will grab hold of my hand with his teeth. Sometimes it's a soft bite, sometimes not so soft. He has been given time-outs in his crate for this, but he still continues to do this. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Riley's Mom