Return to Website

Ask Eli

Have any questions about Aussies, or dogs in general? Feel free to ask them... I will answer them to the best of my ability. (I am under 2 yrs old but am incredibly knowledgeable for my age.)

Ask Eli
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
housebreaking

How can I train my 2 14 week old aussies? I use the crate and they go out frequently but they are still making "mistakes" in the house. It seems that they pee alot and also poop alot outside, so I don't get why they still go in the house. Sometimes they will cry to go out, but not always. Help!

Re: housebreaking

Hi there!

I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I have 2 new 1/2 sisters. Yes, Stellamom was bred again.. a sister was my birthday present and I couldn't decide which pup, so now there are 2!!!! I wanted to live with me forever. Debbiemom is ready to clobber me! *G*

What is happening is that the pups are focusing on each other, get involved in playing, and forget that they 'have to go' until it is too late. You need to keep them seperated a bit and you will find that housebreaking is much easier.

Your pups know what to do but are just having "too much fun"!

Meanwhile, while Debbiemom is tearing out her hair, I am having a fine time playing with Zoe and Xena, and am teaching them all the great things they need to know and Debbiemom and Tonydad refuse to tell them.... Like how to empty the toilet bowl, for just one example. *EG*

Lots of licks to my 2 new Aussie pup buddies,

Eli

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

How can I train my 2 14 week old aussies? I use the crate and they go out frequently but they are still making "mistakes" in the house. It seems that they pee alot and also poop alot outside, so I don't get why they still go in the house. Sometimes they will cry to go out, but not always. Help!