Start a New Topic 
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Recruiting
Well done for sending John Darby's letter to your local paper Ted. I too have sent to three of our local papers - The Daily Echo, Romsey Advertiser and the Hampshire Chronicle, also giving details of my next meeting. Let's hope between us we have some success.
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2014 4:40pm
by John Barron
The NHS Special for OAPs.
Medicare Part G You're a sick senior citizen and the government says there is no nursing home care available for you. So what do you do? Our plan gives anyone 65 years, or older, a gun (G) and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot four Politicians. Of course,...
Views: 148   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 15, 2014 2:37pm
by Roy Walter
BETFOR REUNION and AGM . BOURNEMOUTH
13th to 15th March 2015. If you are thinking of attending please be aware there are now only 4 SINGLE rooms available. Doubles and Twins freely available. See details in Journal 46.
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 14, 2014 1:16pm
by Roy Boyles Ho...
recruiting//
The editors message for recruits has been published in the weekly BOGNOR REGIS OBSERVER many thanks to the editor
Views: 128   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2014 10:34pm
by Edward Dobbs e
Nine things to ponder:
Number 9 - Death is the number 1 killer in the world. Number 8 - Life is sexually transmitted. Number 7- Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die. Number 6 - Men have two emotions: hungry and horny, and they can't tell them...
Views: 100   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2014 9:31pm
by Larry Southgate
Out of the mouths of :
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? (written by kids) (1) You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming. - Alan, age 10 (2) No person rea...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2014 9:21pm
by Larry Southgate
Riots of 53 .
I clicked on Youtube yesterday – I was going to try to find a certain chord sequence but straight away I was offered this video containing a very skewed version of the events leading up to the firing of shots and the deaths of some rioters. It’s a...
Views: 150   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2014 6:50pm
by Harry Dixon
Wildlife
Don't know about canaries Geoff but we did once have a Peregrine take a wood pigeon from the back garden. We also had a female Sparrow living indoors with us for around 8 years. She had the freedom of the house and often tucked herself into our daughter's bed covers...
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 12:10pm
by Geoff Fleet 262
Eastern Region Report
After our Gatherings of Members,it is my intention to post a report. The Membership numbers was slightly down on previous numbers due to illness,Holidays and the Hot Weather,for our Gathering . Tom Waite and Cecil Hughes,were unable to attend through illness...
Views: 159   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 12:06pm
by Geoff Fleet 262
GREETINGS & MORE TALES OF WALES - Chapt. 3.
Not a good start to the new chapter or the morning. I had just about finished this posting when I must have caught a vital key which caused the computer to shut down! The time has gone around to 'getting ready for chapel' again too. Still, just in case anyone out the...
Views: 380   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 2, 2014 8:46am
by Dave 796 RAF
I don't really hate women!!
A little humour each day! Special Package for Businessmen An Airline introduced a special package for Business men. Buy your ticket, get your wife's ticket free. After great success, the company sent letters to all the wives asking how was the trip....
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2014 10:14pm
by Larry Southgate
More Wildlife
Thanks for your replies. The Hawks that you mention are possibly Goshawks or Peregrine Falcons. There is certainly a breeding programme here in the New Forest and also one near Manchester. Yes we get rats coming up from the stream which are a nuisance, luckily o...
Views: 186   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 30, 2014 4:12pm
by Geoff Fleet 262
5 - or is it 7 things to remember,
Five rules to remember in life: 1. Money can't buy happiness but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle. 2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard’s name. 3. If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 11:12pm
by Larry Southgate
More Wild Life
Harry, perhaps you have been feeding the squirrels the wrong food, as you can see the squirrel we used to have loved digestive biscuits and would almost knock the back door for one! Our garden backs down to a stream and we also have two Mallard Ducks visiting reg...
Views: 181   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 11:04pm
by Larry Southgate
More about the Strange Tale.
In April I posted an item under the heading “A Strange Tale” about a certain Antun Staraj. Anyone interested can type in the name on title in the research box and you can see the whole thing. This is an extract: "I also asked Marijan, who still has goo...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 3:04pm
by Harry Dixon
The Tram for Opicina
Another little snippet about the tram for Opicina. According to the Piccolo web-site today, since it was announced that last weekend all trips on the tram were to be free, the trams were besieged by the locals and tourists. Large crowds surrounded the boarding po...
Views: 142   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 27, 2014 11:16pm
by Larry Southgate
Four rules of marriage!!
Marriage (Parts l, ll, lll & lV) Face it, men ARE NOT equipped for these kinds of arguments! Marriage (Part I ) Typical macho man married typical good-looking lady, and after the wedding, he laid down the following rules: 'I'll be home when I want, if...
Views: 110   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2014 9:06pm
by Larry Southgate
Just a thought!
Random thoughts. 1. Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 2. Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see...
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 11:11pm
by Larry Southgate
Trieste Visit 2014
There are 32 new photos, posted mainly or wholly I believe by Gordon Bishop, in the new photo album "Trieste Visit 2014"
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 7:41pm
by Harry Dixon
An Invitation to a reunion.
A few years ago I placed an account of one of my experiences in Holland on the BBC web-site dealing with WW2. Seems like someone in Holland must have read it because this e-mail appeared a short while ago in my mail-box. I have accepted the invitation and will de...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2014 11:19pm
by Larry Southgate
Denied Boarding........
I was accosted this morning by a smiling young man who wanted to know if I'd had a delayed flight n the last two years. I said, "Yes; I got £440 from Flybe for it." Last year the European Court ruled that "unavoidable causes" did not include technical difficu...
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2014 3:06pm
by Harry Dixon
Honours in Family and Holiday in Trieste.
Last Thursday I had the pleasure of participating in the Graduation from Salford University of my granddaughter Amanda. She was awarded a First Class with Honours degree in Interior Design and Architecture. And the sun shone all day. First one of my family to at...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2014 11:17pm
by Larry Southgate
What is Spam,? ,i FRY IT IN BATTER.!
Oh Dear,last night i typed out a large post,of my expliots,then when i posted it,i got a message saying it was refused because it were a spam article?. Now i know i write some sqwit at times,but was someone saying,that ole wozzack is a Spam eating freak?. Imust ad...
Views: 256   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 19, 2014 10:41pm
by FRED GREENWOOD
I said I didn't have dementia!!
Brains of elderly are slow because they know so much. Sarah Knapton, Science Correspondent 20 Jan 2014 Older people do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have more information in their brains, scientists ha...
Views: 114   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 18, 2014 8:55pm
by bernard
The Dirtiest Soldier in the World
McAuslan is the "hero" of the short stories written by Georg McDonald-Fraser. He's often on jankers, gets drunk, brawls and marches with left arm swinging in time with the left foot. The tales are set in the post war period in MELF. The language when local people...
Views: 130   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 10:44pm
by Harry Dixon
Requitment
Thanks to all the publishing staff for the latest Journal. John Darby, I will be using your letter to hopefully get it published in our local newspaper. I had planned to write something along the same lines but your letter is much better than anything I could c...
Views: 131   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 3:40pm
by FRED GREENWOOD
Blasted Wildlife !!!
The squirrels have hoisted the white flag and seem to be content just to look cute and do tricks in the tree-tops so they're welcome - within limits. A wasps' nest, just outside the front door in a horse of an entirely different hue so I've assembled the stuff and g...
Views: 148   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 2:59pm
by Harry Dixon
The Green Thing.
We might have seen this before but how true it is. Subject: The green thing! Checking out at the supermarket recently ,the young cashier suggested I should bring in my own ...bags because plastic ones weren't good for the environmen...
Views: 93   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 10:15pm
by bernard
A few more chuckles
A young woman was pulled over for speeding. A traffic cop from Manchester walked to her car window, flipping open his notebook. She said, "I bet you are going to try and sell me a ticket to the Traffic Police ball". He replied, "Traffic Police don't have balls",...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2014 8:28pm
by Larry Southgate
Bye bye Brazil.
Whatever happened to Brazil??????????????? Will Germany put another 2 goals in before full time? Where's our bookie? Can we put a fiver on the Krauts?
Views: 130   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2014 11:22am
by FRED GREENWOOD
A couple of chuckles to last till midweek.
While Peter was sunbathing naked at the beach at Noosa For the sake of civility, and to keep it from getting sunburned, he had a hat over his private parts. A woman walks past and says, snickering, "If you were a gentleman you'd lift your hat." He raised an eyeb...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2014 3:55pm
by Larry Southgate
The truth of old age!
An elderly lady was standing at the railing of the cruise ship holding her hat tight so that it would not blow away in the wind. A gentleman approached her and said, "Pardon me, madam.. I do not intend to be forward but did you know that your dress is blowin...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2014 10:23pm
by Larry Southgate
Le Grand Depart de Leeds..................... etc
Le Tour kicked off nominally at 12 noon and it was a good half hour before that we arrived in Hawes – in fact about a mile outside Hawes because already the roads in Hawes had been closed and cars were parked in every conceivable spot along the very narrow, twi...
Last Post: Jul 6, 2014 8:37pm
by Harry Dixon
Gentelmen I do not wish to rain on your parade
good morning. If you have not paid your subs for this year and intend to stay a member please do so. Kind Regards Roland.
Views: 138   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2014 12:26pm
by FRED GREENWOOD
Parades
Armed Forces Day and even though parade drills are possibly not as vital in battle as they were in the days of the musket and ramrod, they still form a major part of soldiers' training. The Intelligence Corps has never had a great reputation in this regard and this i...
Views: 223   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 3, 2014 2:11pm
by Harry Dixon
Plain White Flour.
FW: PLAIN WHITE FLOUR.......WHO KNEW???? --------------------------------------------------------------- Sent along for whatever it's worth.......... > PLAIN WHITE FLOUR.......WHO KNEW???? > You probably don't know this, so look, read, and learn, and ma...
Views: 136   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2014 4:39pm
by Roy Walter
Cops have a way with words.
Cops have a way with words! Actual comments made by officers that were taken off their car videos: 1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through." 2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight beca...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 11:02pm
by Larry Southgate
The secret of a long healthy life!!
An old cowboy told his grandson "The secret to a long, healthy life is to put a pinch of gunpowder in your oatmeal every morning." The grandson took this advice to heart, and everyday for the rest of his life put a pinch of gunpowder in his oatmeal every morning....
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 10:41pm
by Larry Southgate
The Glass Lift
It happened last Tuesday. I was attracted by the sign for a fresh exhibition in the Arts Centre. This has been refurbished over four years and is now a very fine building . I like art exhibitions even though I’m most often disappointed to find it’s yet an...
Last Post: Jun 27, 2014 3:10pm
by Harry Dixon
Deadlock.........
There are more than enough places in the world where battles are being fought daily. Some of you will have been quietly concerned about how my skirmishes with the squirrels have been going on. I've tried various devices and ruses to deter the b..........s and several...
Views: 334   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 27, 2014 11:54am
by Dave 796 RAF
How many of you text?
A group of women were at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with your husband. The women were asked, "How many of you love your husband?" All the women raised their hands. Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your husband...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 11:45pm
by Larry Southgate
Insurance adverts.
Sex Insurance - made me chuckle > > ARE YOU INSURED FOR SEX? > > Make sure you get the Correct Insurance for the sex you are having > > Please find a list of companies below catering for most tastes: > > Sex with your wife - Legal & General. >...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 11:19pm
by Larry Southgate
?????????????????????????!*!
During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you determine whether or not an older person should be put in an old age home?" "Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the person to empty the bathtub." "Oh, I...
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 10:42pm
by Larry Southgate
There are salemen and salesmen
A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job. The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says "Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota." Well, the...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 10:35pm
by Larry Southgate
Information requird about your time in Treieste
Good morning to all the members that take time out to visit the web site. When visiting Trieste our party was invited to visit a private war museum one of the young men was Lorenzo Lelen. For his doctorate He His researching the years that the Allied Military Governm...
Views: 152   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 10:23pm
by Larry Southgate
Disputed contract
Apartment for Rent A businessman met a beautiful girl and agreed to spend the night with her for $500. They did their thing, and, before he left, he told her that he did not have any cash with him, but he would have his secretary write a check and mail it...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 10:18pm
by Larry Southgate
trieste 1952-53
Looking to get in contact with len wood and don holder (bham) fred bowler (london)
Views: 187   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2014 1:24pm
by ken myatt
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 23, 2014 9:03pm
by FRED GREENWOOD
Summer Journal
Just to let you know that the summer journal is in the course of preparation. The last one was very late due to my health problems, so I am trying to catch up. The MO is pumping me full of Number 9s,and I am still excused boots so I can skive a little bit longe...
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2014 5:22pm
by Geoff Fleet 262
Blue Badge
I have just returned my Badge application form, amended. Apparently I had overlooked one of the questions amongst the seven pages of security questions required.Furthermore, they refused to accept the passport type photo which I cut out of my expiring pass.The most...
Views: 127   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2014 8:32am
by Dave 796 RAF
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Free Forum powered by Bravenet