Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Any canabis users out there?
A headline on the Il Piccolo website today caught my eye (and my breath): Fvg, the impossible search for the legal canabis: The region has authorised the free sale of canabis for therapeutic purposes. But in the pharmacies and in the hospitals of Friuli-Venezi...
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2017 10:06pm
by Larry Southgate
New Link for Old Soldier's Home Forum
I just set it up so it is not pretty. If someone could spread the news since no one could post on the old site since it was over 500 posts. http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/4108882083/ (I think I can provide a shorter url later!) Thanks
Views: 180   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 23, 2017 3:24pm
by Harry Dixon
Old Soldier's Home Needs Help (site)
The Old Soldier's Home for TRUST Troopers has been using a guest book instead of a forum and it is over 500 posts so no one can post any more. I noticed that BETFOR has this lovely forum and that it is a true forum and not a mere "guest book" so it is more flexible....
Views: 237   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 18, 2017 10:05pm
by Harry Dixon
Vinegar
I've just finished talking via Skype to my friend in Trieste. He uses a lot of different vinegars with his food. One he showed me is Apple Vinegar or Cider Vinegar. Anybody ever tried or even heard of it? Now you all know about Balsamic Vinegar of Modena but d...
Views: 97   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 16, 2017 10:32am
by Paula
A look at San Francisco.
Evening all. here's a link to a web-cam in San Francisco. It's actually quite good but you need to click your way around and zoom in and out to get the best from this. https://www.earthcam.cam/usa/california/sanfrancisco/?cam=rowingclub I'm now going back...
Views: 78   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2017 10:32pm
by Larry Southgate
Tonight I had a very pleasant conversation face to face with a friend of mine in Trieste. We call each other up at least once a week to keep up to date using SKYPE. It costs nothing. So, If anyone out there has Skype downloaded give me a call - but only in the e...
Views: 141   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 10, 2017 10:26pm
by Larry Southgate
Live Web-cams.
I've just done a short tour of some locations where I wish I could have been: Started off in Piazza Unita`, then went down to Rome to see the Pantheon, Piazza della Fontana di Trevi, then up to Florence and Piazza Signorile, took a quick step over to Spain to see wh...
Views: 112   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2017 10:22pm
by Larry Southgate
Wilfred John Bond
Hi, I am looking for any members recollection of my father's cousin Wilfred John Bond (CH/X697) originally from Norfolk but had family in Scotland. He was a Royal Marine Corporal who according to records was attached to the British forces at Trieste from 1st...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 9:11pm
by Duncan Bond
Next Southamptom Meeting
Our next meeting in Southampton will be on Thursday 19th October 11.30 at Gusto Bistro, corner of Commercial Road and Cumberland Place. Contact me on 01794 514686
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 5:04pm
by John Barron
Anybody know this man?
An article in Il Piccolo of Friday 3 June was of an interview with an Englishman living in Trieste. His name is John Earle and he is now 90 years old. It seems that he was parachuted in to work with the Jugoslav partisans during the war. At 24 years of age he jo...
Views: 427   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 3, 2017 7:55pm
by Geoff Fleet - Ho...
Something you don't see every day!
From the pages of Il Piccolo web-site today 1 August 2017.............. Palmanova, strangola la fidanzata e si costituisce Palmanova, he strangles his fiancée and then surrenders to the police. Francesco Mazzega, 36 anni, si è presentato al Comand...
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2017 9:47pm
by Larry Southgate
More local meetings.
I have an e-mail address and other people using this website must also have e-mail addresses. If anyone wants to start up again the meetings in the Mickel Brook Carvery on Councillor Lane in Cheadle, just send me an e-mail and if we can get half-a-dozen together on...
Views: 129   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 28, 2017 10:35am
by Jim Crompton
LE TOUR DE FRANCE 2017.
just to delight Larry; the bikes are out again for the next 3 weeks starting on Saturday in Dusseldorf. Perhaps he will tell us if either France or West Germany was on his patch for selling the bottling gear.There is an excellent Google thread telling you all your ne...
Views: 220   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 26, 2017 5:08pm
by Larry Southgate
La Vuelta a Espana 2017
am putting this in so that Larry can have another rant at the Velo fraternity, this time in Spain. The race, again 3 weeks begins in Nimes, France on 19 August. Did his selling career take him there, I would like to know and is he into flamenco dancing or bull-figh...
Views: 88   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2017 4:47pm
by Larry Southgate
227 Provost
Hello My dads name was Ernie. He was a Lance Corporal in the RMP 227 Provost in 1948 to 1949. He always spoke very fondly of his time in Trieste and always hoped to return but never did. I am travelling there this October and have been researching. Your website ha...
Views: 140   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 18, 2017 8:39pm
by Chris Goddard
Ever been had?
Take a look at the following. You have been warned. I have today received the most International letter ever. The stamp on the envelope reads: “Prioritaire, Magyar Posta, 1/S, and next to that is a box with words: “If undelivered please return to...
Views: 157   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2017 9:19pm
by Larry Southgate
Local Meetings
A gentle reminder of our next meeting on the 20th July, I look forward to seeing you. I have had a note from Geoff Fleet asking for the dates of meetings from August onwards, therefore I have fixed a date for 19th October at the usual venue and hope that will be c...
Views: 122   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2017 8:06am
by Paula
Much ado about.......
N O T H I N G.
Views: 95   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 8, 2017 9:36pm
by Larry Southgate
Notice for all coffee drinkers.
And by that heading I mean real coffee not the instant rubbish you can buy. The following is taken from the page of the Il Piccolo web-site today: "Un polo italiano del caffee" "E Lavazza guarda a Illy" An Italian pole of coffee. And Lavazza is looking at...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2017 9:25pm
by Larry Southgate
Sophia Loren.
Top of the page on the Il Piccolo web-site today is: Sophia Loren will be the Matron of Honour for the cruise liner Msc Seaside on the 30th of November. For the event of the delivery of the largest cruise liner ever built in Italy, in programme for the Venezia G...
Views: 138   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 30, 2017 10:00pm
by Larry Southgate
Greetings & More Tales From Wales - Chap. 14
Good morning all – Now that April is with us it seems to be a good time to commence a fresh chapter in this saga, so welcome to Chapter 14. The sharper sighted of you may also notice that this session is written at a slightly earlier time than usual! It all see...
Views: 303   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 25, 2017 8:45am
by Dave796 RAF
The unseen majority.
What's with you folks? You can't all be on holiday? All I can see in the index is my name and Daves. Don't get off your backsides, just type in the name www.betforassociation.org and you can type almost anything you want to talk about. It's not hard. Have a...
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2017 10:46pm
by Larry Southgate
Swarovski Crystals
No doubt you have all heard and seen these on TV and in Jewellers. Well the daughter of the proprietor of Swarovski Crystals, Victoria, got married last week in San Giusto castle church. There's a photo of her in her wedding dress with a train about 5 yards long...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2017 10:42pm
by Larry Southgate
The Old Soldiers Home.
If anybody remembers the Old Soldiers Home web-site here is a link to get onto it once again. http://pub4.bravenet.com/guestbook/show2.php?usernum=282743870
Views: 130   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2017 9:58pm
by Larry Southgate
are you one of these three squadies???
Member H Ede 721.RASC 1947to1949. In 1948 I was with three squadies on board my lorry on the way back from the Hospital going down to the junction at cross roads.we where spotted by a V.G. policeman who was controlling the traffic He waved us on straight into a coll...
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2017 3:29pm
by Roland
Holiday
Bye folks. I'm off to North-Eastern Germany tomorrow midday for one week. So cheerio for now. Back on 14/6.
Views: 98   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2017 10:50pm
by Larry Southgate
UK Election 2017
with just 10 days to go and the postal votes ready to be completed (or perhaps already sent) maybe this might stir a few of the Betfoers with access to a computer. It's a long time ago since our members were eligible to vote, the early 50's I reckon. Can you remembe...
Views: 161   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2017 10:32pm
by Larry Southgate
Trieste visit.
Hi, What is the latest news on the visit to Trieste this year?
Views: 561   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 12, 2017 3:59pm
by Michael Hood #78...
KW
Marriage certificate
I am researching our family history and seeking my brother-in-law L/Corporal Edgar John UPEX, T14187119, RASC born 1928, died 1972, marriage circa 1949/1950 to Otillia TAUCER, believed Treieste. Any advice will be appreciated. Keith W
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2017 7:11pm
by KW
Getting rooms in Trieste.
Last night I booked accommodation for myself and my son in Trieste, cost of which is £35,57 each per night. For this we get a small apartment. Double bedroom, bath and shower room, TV, kitchenette with cooker and fridge and washing up facilities, plus all th...
Views: 89   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 2, 2017 2:22pm
by Paula
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11