Start a New Topic 
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
GET-TOGETHERS IN THE NEW YEAR
There are now four meetings scheduled for February, in Liverpool, Arelwas - this might suit your needs Roland - Bury St Edmunds and Gloucester. There may be others later in Tunbridge Wells and Plymouth. There is also, of course, the AGM and re-union in York in March....
Views: 168   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 29, 2009 2:51pm
by Harry Dixon
CHRISTMAS MORNING
Good morning and a Very Merry Christmas Day to all members who are looking at our website today. It is a lovely morning in Staffordshire. Temperature over 3 degrees cent. The frost has almost vaished and the birds on the feeder are looking much happier. I don't sup...
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2009 10:27am
by Colin Russell (0...
christmas
Wishing all betfor members a merry christmas and ahappy new year. Pete Saunders (643)
Views: 131   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 6:14pm
by pete saunders
Loverly Christmas Cookies
The Famous Grouse Christmas Cookies 1 cup of water 1 tsp baking soda 1 cup of sugar 1 tsp salt 1 cup or brown sugar 4 large eggs 1 cup nuts 2 cups of dried fruit 1 bottle Famous Grouse Whisky, Sample the Grouse to check quality. Take a large bowl, chec...
Views: 170   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2009 10:38pm
by Larry Southgate
Christmas wishes
Yet another Year is coming to a close. Marjorie and I would like to wish all the very best for Christmas and the new year to all BETFOR members and their families. Roland Cole 315
Views: 152   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 21, 2009 5:52pm
by Ray Griffiths
Heh Yer Snowed under?
Have you got any Snow?. For once the Forecasters got it right,for a change. So will you be Skiing or Toboganing,down to the Pub?. The roads of course will be headline News,but can you remember the old Winters,when they put chains on the Car Wheels.It never bothered...
Views: 214   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 20, 2009 10:10pm
by Larry Southgate
Sinking of HMS Repulse and HMS Prince of Wales 10/12/1941
My brother was a Boy Seaman on Repulse when she was sunk by Japanese air attacks, he survived the sinking and later escaped from Singapore just before the surrender. After Singapore my parents did not know what had happened to him, some months later he turned up i...
Views: 247   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 18, 2009 8:16pm
by bernard Evans 58...
Regional Meeting at The Anchor
A lovely meal was enjoyed by 14 members including 5 ladies today at The Anchor Pub at Streethay. For those of you who are not familiar with the Anchor, it is near Lichfield in Saffordshire. It could not be any farther away from the sea but the canal is only a stone...
Views: 147   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 17, 2009 6:34pm
by Harry Dixon
X MARKS THE SPOT !
It's finished. Is there anyone else out there who managed to avoid viewing it ?
Views: 179   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 15, 2009 1:32pm
by Harry Dixon
Mock the Buzzcock at the Appollo Live.
There is so much "comedy" these days that you'd think we would be in a state of perpetual merriment whenever we switch on. They all seem so eager to amuse but how often do we laugh? I suppose it could be that I'm just a miserable b*st*rd but it all reminds me of the...
Views: 160   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 12, 2009 6:39pm
by fred 212
Pearl Harbor, Dec 7, 1941
Hi Everyone, Today marks the day that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. I was a teenager at the time, going to junior high school in Bradenton, Florida, USA. I remember the Sunday afternoon clearly, I was returning from an afternoon movie, pedaling along on my b...
Views: 179   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 9, 2009 10:37pm
by Larry Southgate
Travel Insurance
Anyone wanting annual multi-trip travel insurance with a limit on any single trip of 93 days should check out the website of BMC Insurance (British Mountaineering Council. You don't have to trek to Everest base camp or ski the Hannankahm but you can if you wish...
Views: 304   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 7, 2009 8:59pm
by Harry Dixon
Mobile phones and Tracker phones.
Some of you folks out there won't believe this, maybe, but I have tonight seen a message from Gene on the Trieste website. He says that he does NOT have a cell-phone ('mobile' in UK), but after the latest incident with his wife whilst out walking he is considering g...
Views: 312   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 6, 2009 7:52pm
by Kollley Kibber
Una Storia per Immagini - TRIESTE
I hate to be thought of as a moaner, but someone in the Association has my copy of Volume IV of the book shown in the subject. Years 1945 to 1954. I would like to get it back in good order. I can leave it until the AGM in York. So whoever has it, please let m...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2009 10:42pm
by Larry Southgate
December is here !
CHECK OUT September Song. Whichever is your favourite artist. Who was the gravel voiced one (male)
Views: 222   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 5, 2009 8:43am
by Roy Boyles
Yesterday Sport
Like you Harry i agree, wonderful result for Scotland, being a Taff I thought that our result against the Argies was a good one. Still not at our best, but the tries were well worth watching. Some big games to come that will be judgement time.
Views: 189   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 30, 2009 11:54am
by Fred Greenwood 3...
Today at Rushbrooke Arms Suffick Gathering.
I had just got out of my Car,and was talking to Nobby Game,and George Harper and his Wife,when i noticed a Police Helicopter hovering overhead. I thought hang on,surely they do not think we were The Hole in the Wall Gang?. Our fears were then interupted by a Car go...
Views: 256   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 29, 2009 5:50pm
by Malcolm Funnell
Floods in Cumbria
I hope none of you have been affected by the floods in Cumbria. From what I hear on the news channels it must have been terrible. Great Britain has a reputation for having a wet climate, but the news channels say this it the worst rain and flooding ever. Good lu...
Views: 158   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 23, 2009 9:22pm
by Larry Southgate
Music and Singers
For those members who like to listen to singers and big bands from way back, try listening to Radio Wales on Sunday mornings at 09.06am on MW 88.82 or FM 96.4, the presenter Dewi Griffith really takes you back into the world of nostalgia. Maybe some of you already l...
Views: 154   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 23, 2009 3:11am
by Gene Odom
Hev Yew Cum a Gutser Lately Boh
Going to Town to get the latest Back Journals printed,i cum a gutser, while walking from the Car Park. I thought well ,i must be getting Doddery,as i had not even reached the Fox,so Abbot was not to blame.The ruddy Pavement come up and hit me Gov,well thats my excus...
Views: 166   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 22, 2009 8:13pm
by Fred Greenwood 3...
The Match of the Century !!!!!!
Well the match of the last 21 years. It's so long since Scotland beat Australia and they have just done it! Rugby - the best game on the planet and this was one of the best of all time. I'm sure all you Tractor persons Baa Lambs, Manchurians and Arsenic supporters...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2009 6:13pm
by Harry Dixon
LAST CALL FOR YORK DEPOSITS
There is just one week before I close the list whereby you pay a deposit only for the REUNION & AGM 5-7 March. From 1 December onward if you intend staying overnight at the HOLIDAY INN the total amount of your booking will be required in full. You are of course at l...
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2009 9:48am
by Roy Boyles 300
Journal 27 Autumn 2009
Just to let everyone know that the journal is "In the Post" You may get it sometime!
Views: 261   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 16, 2009 10:06pm
by Fred Greenwood 3...
Wake up at the back !
Google, JAN MORRIS My favourite cities (Travel section GUARDIAN Saturday 14 November) for her comments about TS.
Views: 170   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 15, 2009 11:01pm
by Larry Southgate
My Old Regt the 12th
Picture in the Sunday Mirror today, shewing 9Bty 12th Regt RA parading in Blackpool , having returned from another stint in Afghanistan. I served with the 12th in Trieste and later Celle Germany from 1950/53. It was the 12th Anti Tank when in Rosseti, but changed t...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2009 5:43pm
by Robert Pring
TRIESTE BY TRAIN.
Any Members scared of flying,or would like to be reminded of the ride on the Rattler,to Trieste,there is a way. It would cost more,but some how i would fancy it as a challange,if my Boss were in good health. You journey on Eurostar to Paris,then Paris to Venice on a...
Views: 410   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 12, 2009 7:35am
by Fred Greenwood 3...
The fall of the Berlin Wall.
Talking of anniversaries, this week also marks the anniversary,20th, of the falling of the Berlin Wall. In the year following, with my family, I went to Germany to visit my brother-in-law. He had moved to Germany years before and married a German girl. They live...
Views: 182   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 11, 2009 10:43pm
by Larry Southgate
Gene Odom and John Bowman
Most of you will have red with pleasure the comments by one of our TRUST American friends namely, Gene Odom. There is also another one who has appeared on our web-site very infrequently, namely John Bowman. John has been just lately treated in the nearby Virginia U...
Views: 190   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 11, 2009 9:57pm
by Larry Southgate
Journal
Still haven't received my Journal, probably lost in post en route to North Wales ?
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2009 8:46pm
by Robert Pring
Today s ANNIVERSARY?
Today is the 56th Anniversary of the start of the Riots in Trieste. Were you there at that time,and what did you do?. It was also the start of increased Guard Duties,including Geordie Freds Ammo Dump,Hotels and other prominent Buildings.
Views: 266   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 9, 2009 9:45pm
by Derek Lance
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Free Forum powered by Bravenet