Start a New Topic 
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Lovely Weekend.
Good morning,lovely morning in Suffolk.The Sun is out and it looks like it will be a glorious day. Think i will put a few Abbotts in the cool,ready for the Cricket.Roy is going to take cover,as the Aussie wickets tumble,or throw another shrimp on the Barbie.Might ha...
Views: 178   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 25, 2009 6:57am
by Roy Boyles
Jack Buchanan
As seen on the Notice Board,we mark the passing of another member, Jack Buchanan (394), who after nine weeks in Hospital was finally called to his last parade. Jack was very active on the local soccer scene and his Funeral which took place last Friday 21st, was we...
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 5:20pm
by Ray Griffiths
Re Peter Sexton
I have been away from home for a while and am just catching up with the notices. I am very sad and shocked to read of the passing of Peter Sexton as we served together after his transfere to the RAOC from the Northants.I was one of two Sgts who attended the funeral...
Views: 115   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 4:53pm
by Ray Griffiths
COUNTDOWN TO THE OVAL
Just over 48 hours to go Gene (where are you lately?) There are good odds against an ENGLAND win. How about some sort of response from the numerous viewers out there. WIN LOSE DRAW. Go on, it won't take a moment.
Views: 233   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 7:19am
by Roy Boyles
Have a laugh on me.
Just a little homily to mayhap bring a smile to those old faces. Have a nice Sunday. The Broken Lawn Mower Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is usually the husband. When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run,...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2009 10:08pm
by Larry Southgate
TSO
Nice to here from you Harry after all this time, they were happy days in Trieste 52-53. I am a full member of Betfor No 219. The Photo section is very good. If you haven't the names on the Coronation 53 Unit photo yet Ican provide them. I don't whether you know but...
Views: 240   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 18, 2009 7:46pm
by George Cullen
A Soldiers Thoughts
This is a most heart rendering poem an should be read by all. The leviathan of the sky does land In England's green and pleasant land. Its cargo more precious than gold The body of a hero, bold. Once the giant's engines stopped The cargo ramp...
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2009 9:07am
by Derek Parkey 023
Horse Tip from Newsboy
There is a strong tip going around Newmarket,for todays 2-50 Race.The race will be won by a Grey Horse. So bet your last few bob on it?.
Views: 103   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2009 10:41am
by Fred Greenwood 3...
B U X T O N Meeting Friday 14th
We are in the Derbyshire High Peak this week. Hoping to see a few new faces from the North West. The DUKE OF YORK is a pleasant country pub. 6 miles SOUTH of Buxton on the A515. (There is another Duke of York in Buxton itself)
Views: 149   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 16, 2009 9:37am
by Roy Boyles
Sgt William Wallace, RASC/INTELIGENCE CORPS
I have only recently learnt of this website. I am the son of late Sgt. William Wallace ex RASC/Inteligence Corps who served in BETFOR for many years, he passed away in Trieste in 1985. I was born in Trieste in 1948 and although I have lived in the UK since the early...
Views: 209   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 15, 2009 4:24pm
by Anthony Wallace
George Cullen
George, I well remember your cheery and forceful presence across the corridor from "l'ufficio in fondo". Thank you for your addition to the names on the TSO Ops photo. I must apologise that it has taken me so long to notice and act on it. You would be very welc...
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2009 3:29pm
by Harry Dixon
PETER SEXTON.
It is with deep regret that i have to inform you all,that our comrade Peter Sexton passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning,this was confirmed to me by his Son. My heart felt condolances go out to his Family. Peter was a strong supporter of this Association...
Views: 180   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 1:22pm
by Harry Dixon
B U N T H O R N E Rides Again.
Our illustrious founder has his name in the papers today as Gilbert & Sullivan's PATIENCE is performed at the ALBERT HALL. It happens once in a BLUE MOON. Got good notices as well ! Well done Reggie.
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2009 5:22pm
by Roy Boyles
B E T F O R Fantasy Football 2009-10
It occurred to me last night that we could have two teams in the DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY FOOTBALL COMPETITION (CHAMPIONSHIP section) in the new season. Our teams would be based on our members names. It it not possible in the Premiership because it is heavily occupi...
Views: 184   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 13, 2009 10:20am
by Roy Boyles
FIELD OF REMEMBRANCE 5th November
BETFOR members can meet up at Westminster Abbey and the Westminster Arms, in Storey's Gate opposite the Abbey on the Thursday before Remembrance Day. Your former units are almost certain to have a plot with Poppy Crosses The FIELD will be featured in the next Journ...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2009 8:23pm
by Roy Boyles
The English Language
With continental languges the use of the definite article indicates the sex of that object. Whether it is a table , chair or window. Although we English are too prudish for this, there are a lot of items which are definitely Male or Female. FREEZER BAGS; Male,becaus...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2009 3:23pm
by Peter Sexton
REMEMBER GEORGE DAVIS !
Not one of our members but you probably recall the event.
Views: 167   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 10, 2009 10:06pm
by Larry Southgate
ASHES CHAPTER 4
Off we go again. I woke this morning following a dream that England were 11 for 2 wickets and one of those was taken by LEE. It was not him but the score was not very wrong. Let us hope that the weather improves just as the footie begins, it usually does ! Gene,...
Views: 127   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 8, 2009 7:26pm
by Gene Odom
Harry Patch
Check out this link. Harry Patch was the last living WWI British veteran. Harry passed away Saturday, July 25th in a nursing home in Wells, England. For those of you who like to keep up with such things this is a significant happening. You can cut and paste the...
Views: 146   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 8:05pm
by Harry Dixon
serving your country
I bet a lot of you think that you were in the Kate to serve God,King(later Queen) and country. In possibly the early part summer of 1946 or 1947 I was serving in Scotland and I had to take a platoon out to help the local farmers, potato harvesting.(no campaign medal...
Views: 125   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2009 2:47pm
by Peter Sexton
Ashes
Who won the ashes contest? Where does everyone stand? Isn't there two more series? You guys have to keep me informed. Where on the web is the best place to follow the results?
Views: 182   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 3, 2009 1:42pm
by Peter Sexton
PHOTO ALBUMS
Peter, when I went to put your photo in the RASC album, I realised there wasn't one. Your photo is the first one to be uploaded! Why is that? We have a large number of good looking, well turned out ex-RASC members. What have they been trying to hide? The scores a...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2009 1:31pm
by Harry Dixon
help
[:))] can anyone help me i posted a photo yesterday to the photo board of us lads 1952/1953 and it said it has been sent but were to? i cannot find it anywere can anyone suggest were it has gone to. as i am a new boy at this game or perhaps its my age (haha)...
Views: 155   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 2, 2009 9:11pm
by Harry Dixon
MINDEN DAY. THE SUFFOLK REGIMENT REUNION.
Iam off shortly to meet up with some of my old Suffick Mates at Gibralter Barracks,and hoping to meet a few of our Members. The year has past quickly since we met up last year Geoff,however it looks like it will be a fine day. It is fifty seven years since the Suff...
Views: 123   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 2, 2009 7:39pm
by FRED GREENWOOD 3...
Tribute to Sir Bobby
The very sad news of Bobby Robson was reported on todays news at the age of 76. He was a very well respected man in the world of football not only in this country but woldwide. He sponsered a charity match at St.James,s Park on Sunday last which was attended by tho...
Views: 118   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 2, 2009 4:48pm
by Colin Russell (0...
Just For A Laugh
TWO OLD MEN DECIDE THEY ARE CLOSE TO THEIR LAST DAYS AND DECIDE TO HAVE A LAST NIGHT ON THE TOWN. AFTER A FEW DRINKS, THEY END UP AT THE LOCAL BROTHEL THE MADAM TAKES ONE LOOK AT THE TWO OLD GEEZERS AND WHISPERS TO HER MANAGER, 'GO UP TO THE FIRST...
Views: 145   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 30, 2009 11:27am
by Derek Parkey 023
charlie farnsbarns
I'm sure i heard him metioned long before WW1?
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2009 4:52pm
by bernard Evans 58...
Does anyone know ?
Who is or was CHARLIE FARNSBARNS ?
Views: 164   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 28, 2009 2:06pm
by Harry Dixon
The late Graham Simpson 355
Yesterday 22/7 09, Colin Russell, Reg and Eileen Simpson and myself attended Graham's funeral at Stoke on Trent. The service was well attended with representives from the Royal British Legion and the North Staffs Association who formed a Guard of Honour. As the c...
Views: 119   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 27, 2009 10:57am
by Colin Russell (0...
A nice weekend to you all, too.
This should be read ONLY by intellectuals, preferably those exucated at Cambridge, or ex-members of the PBI brigade. Their brains will have been twisted by all the RSM's they cae in contact with. This is weird, but interesting! fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a...
Views: 117   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 7:18pm
by Gene Odom
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79