Start a New Topic 
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
This and That
In case you do not already know, type in Forum a Trieste,English section on Google and there are all sorts of topics including some recent ones about BETFOR including a picture of the group at the James Joyce statue on 16th June. I did not know that Viale 20 Settemb...
Views: 168   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 9:20pm
by Larry Southgate
MONTEBELLO BARRACKS
As promised photos of the R.E.M.E. Barracks at MONTEBELLO are now in the R.E.M.E.album,they were taken in JUNE this year during this years TRIESTE visit.
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 2:48pm
by Gordon Bishop
WHAT HAPPENED TO LARRY ?
Under the ASHES header a couple of days ago, Gene Odom enquired what the TS visitors did to Larry whilst they were there 2 weeks ago, and was he likely to have got the SWINE illness ? The answer seems to have been,at least partially due to a rapid change in temperatu...
Views: 110   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 6:35pm
by Roy Boyles
JOURNAL 26 HITS THE DOORMATS
Another FLEET (Street) gem should be with you anytime now. Maybe a little longer for those beyond the UK. A good read and lots of pics. I will not be printing booking forms for YORK until late August but make contact if you think you might be going. There are alrea...
Views: 147   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 6:14pm
by Roy Boyles
THE ASHES
There were just 2 failures to connect, Albert Mattey and Marino Riosa, so everyone else has the message. This is the site for your responses. Closing date 7 July. Go on have a go. If Albert and Marino are seeing this, please send an email so that the address...
Views: 257   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 6:00pm
by Lorna Chaplin 6...
JOURNAL 16. S C H M E L Z
Having just returned from the old stamping ground I thought that there might be some interest in perhaps a 1 or 2 nighter visit around the high places of Styria before winter arrives. It will be too late by the time Journal 27 arrives but as emailers you get to know...
Views: 211   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 9:42am
by Peter Sexton
PETERBOROUGH MEETING Friday 10 July
240 Alec Francis has just phoned to say that the GREAT NORTHERN HOTEL is closed for refurbishment, Meeting will now be in THE BULL (Town Centre) If you read this and know any other members who might attend can you please tell them. Will try to phone all NORTHANTS R...
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 8:20am
by Roy Boyles
BLOOMSDAY
I meant to put this on on the 16th after Roy's post reminded me of a Bloomsday trip I made some years ago with two pals. I had just got my first boat, a Sihouette 3, a 17 foot 3 sailing cruiser and, with Brian and Siggy, set out late on the Friday night, 15th of J...
Views: 182   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 24, 2009 5:18pm
by Harry Dixon
Twitchers With Lazy Fingers.
Am i the only one that has noticed that this Message Board is becoming a Twitchers paradise?. There has been alot of watching,and not alot of posting. Bearing in mind there are around one hundred Members,with access to this Board,it seems strange that you do not le...
Views: 215   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 24, 2009 3:37pm
by Roy Boyles
MESSAGE FOR FRED HOPPER
Seen in Nottingham on 20th June. A portly 50 ish member of the Toon Army wearing the Northern Rock shirt. Was he casing the joint ahead of the new season ? Please report sightings anywhere between Plymouth and Middlesbrough.
Views: 109   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 8:32pm
by FRED GREENWOOD
ANYONE FOR TENNIS ?
SW19 for the next 2 weeks. Lots of female grunting and will the retractable roof be needed ? Will you be watching and who do you fancy to carry off the titles ?
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 8:28pm
by Double Fault
montebello
Who said Montebello had been demolised ? Take the number 18 bus the next time you are there and you will sea the barracks and workshops are still there and being restored into a military museum. Myself and others went to the barracks but could not get in,i managed...
Views: 156   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2009 6:34pm
by Gordon Bishop
For MEDLOC read RYANAIR
31 were returning today from TS. Tom Norton and John Miller the 2 senior citizens. John has already passed 87 with Tom yet to get there. A great visit to LAZZARETTO on Tuesday 16th with 29 in attendance on a wonderful summer's day. The final contingent numbered 38...
Views: 171   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 19, 2009 2:23pm
by Peter Sexton
A REMARKABLE MAN
I first heard of this man only yesterday. What is the name of this most remarkable character? At school he was outstanding at everything, learning, rugby, cricket, golf and marksmanship. At University he won the national university boxing championship and while s...
Views: 171   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 1:31pm
by Harry Dixon
INCIDENT ON THE BRIDGE
In the very early days of this message board I put on, in serial form, a tale written by one of our oldest members - possibly our oldest member - Tom Norton. Tom was in the Intelligence Corps and on detachment, by himself near Gorizia. At the time of the incident,...
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 3:57pm
by Harry Dixon
Inner Peace
I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me,and we all could probably use more calm in our lives. Some doctor on television said that the way to achieve Inner Peace is to finish all the things that you have started. So. I looked around to see if...
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 1:26pm
by Peter Sexton
An Invitation
You Should Come Out To The Country House This Weekend And Envy My Family's Extreme Wealth If you don't have any plans for the big weekend coming up, I've got a fantastic idea: Why don't you come join my family and me at our country house? You can spend a few day...
Views: 127   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 7, 2009 10:40pm
by Larry
TWITTER AND TWITCHERS
Fred you're right that there are far more wanting to look in and keep their heads down than those who put fingers (or finger) to ketboard BUT there are fifteen different names on this page alone - some posting more than others of course. Still, Harvard Busines Sch...
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2009 1:21pm
by Harry Dixon
Anyone gotta horse ?
Saturday is DERBY DAY. The sure thing is that the winner will not be 100-1 as was the case at the GRAND NATIONAL. There is no sweepstake this time, but any offers of fancied runners would be appreciated. Both Fred and I are giving up on you lot ever making any comme...
Views: 118   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 10:39pm
by Fred Greenwood
Warning
If you receive an Email telling you that you can catch swine flu from tinned pork - delete it - it's only Spam.
Views: 131   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 9:25am
by John Australia
COUNTDOWN TO TS
The advance party in the shape of Nives Young is already in town and talking to the boss at THE 10 QUEENS restaurant where (hopefully) the whole group will be eating on Sunday 14th. A coach is booked for the Lazzaretto visit on 16th. All we have to do is get past Rya...
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2009 6:55am
by Roy Boyles
THE AUSSIES HAVE ARRIVED
Most of you will be aware that the majority of the secretarial duties are performed by Maureen and she has suggested, nay demanded that I do something about recognising the fact that her 'boys' are here to retain the ASHES later this Summer. Yes it is C R I C K E T....
Views: 135   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 4, 2009 6:43am
by Roy Boyles
VARIETY
Have you been watching "Britain's Got Talent"? It's supposed to be a search for talent suitable for the Royal Variety Performance. One problem has been with the audience, specially recruited from bubbleheads, - the only requirement the ability to scream loudly. No...
Views: 122   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 7:14pm
by BILLY COTTON
Fathers Day
Fathers' Day is in June. Mothers' is in March How many months???????
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 3:03pm
by Peter Sexton
Doom & Gloom
At the moment when the weather is so lovely and everyone is posting happy items, i feel that I must bring to your attention the bad news concerning Korea.I knew a number of squaddies that were killed there including my 18 year old brother-in-law. My brother was wound...
Views: 132   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 2:59pm
by Peter Sexton
83 TODAY
Who was it ? IS THERE ANYONE THERE !
Views: 136   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 10:19am
by Fred 212
Try this one
I am still alive and 84 on 3rd June. Not a BETFOR member but was associated with the lady who would have been 83 on the 2nd. I was VERY BLACK (but not now)
Views: 129   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 7:35pm
by D.W. Griffith
Come fourth
Yea the Lord said unto Moses and all the members of the BETFOR Association come forth but they came fifth and lost the ability to post on their Message Board. Are there any other reasons.
Views: 108   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 4:06pm
by Harry Dixon
BOIDSONG
You remember: Spring is sprung; de grass is ris I wonder where de boidies is De boid is on the wing but that's absoid Because de wing is on de boid. Apparently the cuckoo is now endangered and certainly we have not heard a single one this year. I've heard no...
Views: 167   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 30, 2009 1:19pm
by Harry Dixon
Billsson - Andrews
On the part of the Trieste web-site which bears our web-name in Italian (betforassociazione.org) this last weekend there has been a posting from someone who used the name 'Billsson' asking for any information anyone might have about his father, who apparently, was st...
Views: 111   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2009 9:29pm
by Larry Southgate
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78