Start a New Topic 
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
born before 1940?
We arrived on this earth before...television,penicillin.polio shots,frozen food,xerox,plastic,contact lenses,videos,frisbees and the pill. We came before radar,credit cards,laser beams,ball point pens,before dishwashers,tumble dryers,electric blankets and drip dry c...
Views: 321   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 8:36am
by Roy Boyles
Heart attack - Advice
Subject: Heart Attacks . About Heart Attacks There are other symptoms of an heart attack besides the pain on the left arm. One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and=2 0lots of sweating, however these symptoms may also occu...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 9:44pm
by Larry Southgate
TOUR DE FRANCE
On yer bikes! Murray and the Lions out of it. Can Mark Cavendish get the green jersey ? The tour has to be the ultimate sporting test. Today until the 26th July. See most of FRANCE. (Please say something now and again)
Views: 187   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 10:38am
by Roy Boyles
MAN ON THE MOON 40 years on
Any memories or thoughts ?
Views: 145   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 11:09pm
by Larry Southgate
Queation of the Day
Who was Henry Allingham? This should be an easy one for you men for a lot of reasons.
Views: 144   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 11:02pm
by Larry Southgate
The Henry Allingham Way
Recently received from our man in Oz. I am sending it to all known readers of the BETFOR WEBSITE during the next couple of days. If you do not receive it and would like to see and hear it, just make it known on this thread. I am certain you will enjoy it !
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 11:33am
by Alf N Savetee
SENIOR SEX BY THE MEDWAY
You may have read recently that it is good for you and a Kentish Health Authority is spending money so that Seniors are aware of the situation. My distinguished colleagues, Messrs Kildare, Gillespie and that nincomproop Sparrow agree with me but the third leader in...
Views: 102   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 7:56pm
by Gene Odom
St Swithins Day
Has it rained yet ? It might be even better tomorrow when the Lords test begins. Apparently it is a rural tradition in UK. Perhaps there will be a report from Suffick and perhaps the West.
Views: 134   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 4:17pm
by Ray Griffiths 15...
Golf or Cricket ?
At least I don't have to pay Murdoch to watch the golf. Am saving the twenty grand probably needed for care ! Can anyone pick a winner for Sunday ?
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 8:12am
by Roy Boyles
A message for all you Silver Surfers
Looking to find something on Yahoo tonight this popped into view: Trieste, and enjoying Trieste events in London, England, Europe. Trieste lecture in Kensington & Trieste group exhibition. Yahoogroups.com for FREE information....soon, about London's Trieste event...
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 9:59pm
by Larry Southgate
Return to Trieste - Thanks for your help
In January this year, I took my dad, George Quinn formerly of the N. Staffs, back to Trieste. We had a lovely time walking around. For Dad, many forgotton memories came back, prompted by seeing places again for the first time in 50-odd years. We searched for th...
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 11:32am
by Jane Stocks
CRICKET. YOUR LAST CHANCE
With 24 hours left, there has been a dramatic development ! Maureen was not going to offer the rather good prize with less than 20 entries BUT something was delivered today which she said was well worth winning as we already have one. So if there are at least 3 entri...
Views: 157   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 9:29am
by Peter Sexton
TRIESTE VISIT 2009
A summary report and group photograph appear on the Trieste Visit page of the website. I have also opened a new album for the photographs submitted and uploaded by members who took part. There are some gaps in the names which I should like to fill. Can anyone help?
Views: 160   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 7:21pm
by Terry Crimp
ADVANCE WARNING 20th SEPTEMBER
aT DUXFORD, Cambridge. ROYAL ANGLIAN REGIMENTAL DAY. I was made aware of this event at the Peterborough meeting today. Of particular interest to the Suffolks and Northants members.
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 5:49pm
by Roy Boyles
Mrs Slocombe
I'm concerned about who's going to care for Mrs Slocombe's pussy now that Molly's gone.
Views: 224   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 3:30pm
by Harry Dixon
Armed Forces Weekend.
Did you go to any of the events or have any comment about it ?
Views: 264   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 7:04am
by Roy Boyles
Roy Campbell (410)
Good news on Roy Campbell (410). He is recovering well after his operation on his jaw. Still having dificulty in speaking as yet.
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 3:35pm
by Colin Russell (0...
I Love Life
I LOVE LIFE This year dear lord I’m 85 And very glad to be alive I’d like you Lord to Make a fix So I can stay to 86 I know it must be nice In Heaven But could I live to 87 I’m getting slow And sometimes late Still, I’d like t...
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 10:00am
by Derek Parkey 023
Wimbledon
Wimbledon used to be a symbol of proper dress and proper, decent, sporting behaviour by players and spectators. Am I the only one to be dismayed by the baying, aggressive row kicked up by the supporters of our (only) hope for the Championship and orchestrated uns...
Views: 161   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 6:18pm
by Roy Boyles
A good time in Trieste
For anybody who is dreaming of their next return to Trieste I append some info of a couple of new places to go for a meal. With a couple of my Triestine friends I went out into the country in the Val Rosandra for a light meal one afternoon. This is a place called...
Views: 202   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 6:18pm
by Harry Dixon
Just like this in '49
Have just realised in this very warm spell that it is 60 years ago on Tuesday 7th that I went off to Park Hall Camp, Oswestry to serve His Majesty. I don't think it dropped much below 30 celsius for the next 8 weeks. On Saturday 4th it is the big day for Uncle Sam....
Views: 125   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 8:10am
by Peter Sexton
THE ASHES (Getting Closer)
With entries from Vince Stuchbury and Gene (slugger)Odom we have almost reached 10. Now over 150 viewers, the webmaster strongly suspects that many of these are non BETFOR members who will not be allowed to enter. I on the other hand suspect there will be a flood of...
Views: 140   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2009 10:13am
by Roy Boyles
What's Missing in England
I heard today that the Royal Mint says it accidentally left the year 2008 off the front of 100,000 20 pence coins (each worth about 33 cents, US dollars) This happened late last year. The coins are selling among collectors for hundreds of dollars each. The last...
Views: 115   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 1, 2009 9:30am
by Peter Stuyvesant
WISH WE WERE THERE
With about 40 of our members away in the beautiful city of our youth, things may be a little quiet round here. It would be a good time for others to dip their toes into the water and bung a few thoughts, stories, memories or whatever on the message board.
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 6:57am
by Roy Boyles
This and That
In case you do not already know, type in Forum a Trieste,English section on Google and there are all sorts of topics including some recent ones about BETFOR including a picture of the group at the James Joyce statue on 16th June. I did not know that Viale 20 Settemb...
Views: 171   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 9:20pm
by Larry Southgate
MONTEBELLO BARRACKS
As promised photos of the R.E.M.E. Barracks at MONTEBELLO are now in the R.E.M.E.album,they were taken in JUNE this year during this years TRIESTE visit.
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 2:48pm
by Gordon Bishop
WHAT HAPPENED TO LARRY ?
Under the ASHES header a couple of days ago, Gene Odom enquired what the TS visitors did to Larry whilst they were there 2 weeks ago, and was he likely to have got the SWINE illness ? The answer seems to have been,at least partially due to a rapid change in temperatu...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 6:35pm
by Roy Boyles
JOURNAL 26 HITS THE DOORMATS
Another FLEET (Street) gem should be with you anytime now. Maybe a little longer for those beyond the UK. A good read and lots of pics. I will not be printing booking forms for YORK until late August but make contact if you think you might be going. There are alrea...
Views: 149   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 6:14pm
by Roy Boyles
THE ASHES
There were just 2 failures to connect, Albert Mattey and Marino Riosa, so everyone else has the message. This is the site for your responses. Closing date 7 July. Go on have a go. If Albert and Marino are seeing this, please send an email so that the address...
Views: 260   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 6:00pm
by Lorna Chaplin 6...
JOURNAL 16. S C H M E L Z
Having just returned from the old stamping ground I thought that there might be some interest in perhaps a 1 or 2 nighter visit around the high places of Styria before winter arrives. It will be too late by the time Journal 27 arrives but as emailers you get to know...
Views: 213   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 9:42am
by Peter Sexton
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79