Start a New Topic 
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Senior citizens quiz.
I'm only sending this to the brightest of my elderly friends This test will keep that dreaded disease that effects your memory at bay! New Senior's Exam, you only need 4 correct out of 10 questions to pass. 1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?...
Views: 65   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2015 10:28pm
by Larry Southgate
Just for golfers.
How men and women record things in their diaries... Wife's Diary: Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact tha...
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2015 10:05pm
by Larry Southgate
And talking of lawns.........
Subject: Fw: GOD & LAWN CARE HOW STUPID ARE WE MUNDANE EARTHLINGS You will chuckle as you read this ..... Because as stupid as it may sound, this is exactly what we do! GOD to ST. FRANCIS: Frank, ... You know all about gardens and nature. What in t...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2015 9:53pm
by Larry Southgate
He said to her - she said to him.
1 He said to me . ... . I don't know why you wear a bra; you've got nothing to put in it I said to him .... . . You wear pants don't you? 2 He said to me ... . ......... Shall we try swapping positions tonight? I said to him .. That's a good idea - you s...
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2015 10:33pm
by Larry Southgate
Photos of 1st Northants, Trieste 50-51
I have submitted my father's army photos from 1950-51 to the Northants photo gallery. I know absolutely nothing about my father's time in the army beyond what I read written on the back of the photos. Maybe someone will recognise loved ones in the group shots....
Views: 143   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2015 12:51pm
by Robert Simpson
Italian politico/crooner dead.
There is an announcement tonight on the wires that the ex-premier of Italy Berlusconi died today at 1846 hrs. Watch the news and neswpapers tomorrow.
Views: 126   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2015 10:25pm
by Larry Southgate
Don't tell everyone!!
I spend a lot of time doing nothing except watching the telly and getting absolutely fed up to the teeth with all the adverts on ITV. I might just have discovered how to watch programmes on ITV without getting all the adverts. I have enjoyed immensely watching Do...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2015 9:46pm
by Larry Southgate
The Easter Bunny.
HAPPY EASTER A man is driving along a highway and sees a rabbit Jump out across the middle of the road. He swerves to avoid hitting it, but unfortunately the Rabbit jumps right in front of the car. The driver, a sensitive man as well as an animal...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2015 9:13pm
by Larry Southgate
Recycling.
Recycling - the "green thing" Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment. The woman apologized to the young girl and e...
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2015 10:37pm
by Larry Southgate
It's the way I tell 'em!
Ole, while far from being a brilliant scholar, was a gifted portrait artist. His fame grew & soon people from all over the country were coming to Minnesota to have portraits done. One day, a stretch limo pulled up to his house. Inside was a beautiful woman, who...
Last Post: Apr 1, 2015 9:23pm
by Larry Southgate
Careful how you shampoo your hair!
Finally an email worth reading. Hope this is helpful. DO NOT shampoo your hair in the shower as the shampoo runs down your body when you are rinsing off your hair . . . I'm so relieved to finally get a health warning that is useful! This IS A WARNING to all o...
Last Post: Mar 30, 2015 11:11pm
by Larry Southgate
Search for budding authors.
Just had an idea as to how we could pass the time. Let's see if we can write a detective story. Main protagonist Detective Inspector Rhodes. Helped by a Detective Sergeant Bob Walton. Here's the start of the first chapter. Anybody got any ideas of how to c...
Views: 110   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2015 10:50pm
by Larry Southgate
Chilli competition judging.
New Mexico Chili Cook-off If you can read this whole story without laughing, then there's no hope for you. I was crying by the end. This is an actual account as relayed to paramedics at a chili cook-off in New Mexico . Note: Please take time to read thi...
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2015 10:42pm
by Larry Southgate
For all over 60.
Q:Where can single men over the age of 60 find younger women who are interested in them? A:Try a bookstore, under Fiction. Q:What can a man do while his wife is going through menopause? A:Keep busy. If you're handy with tools, you can finish the basement. When...
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2015 10:15pm
by Larry Southgate
Worried about growing old?
Remember these points.................. Number 9 - Death is the number one killer in the world. Number 8 - Life is sexually transmitted. Number 7 - Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die. Number 6 - Men have two emot...
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2015 10:00pm
by Larry Southgate
BMH
The British Military Hospital has, in its time, successively been the Austrian, Italian and German Military Hospital. Il Piccolo reports that it has now been refurbished as accommodation for students at the University.
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2015 8:01pm
by Harry Dixon
A few Irish jokes.
FW: THESE JOKES ARE FAMILY RATED. Why Irish eyes are full of .........laughter!! 1. Paddy was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place. Looking up to heaven he said, 'Lord take pity on me. I...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2015 11:58pm
by Larry Southgate
Will this work for me?
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10150401886453510) Try it! You won't be disappointed.
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2015 11:47pm
by Larry Southgate
You better believe it!
THE NICE MAN BECAME IMPATIENT A man was riding a bus, minding his own business, when the gorgeous woman next to him started to breast-feed her baby. The baby wouldn't take it, so she said, "Come on sweetie, eat it all up or I'll have to give it to this nice man...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2015 11:07pm
by Larry Southgate
A senior citizen's lament.
THIS SUMS IT UP! I love this one and it’s so very true It's a different world now, sometimes I wish we could live our lives over again but perhaps change it a little. But we can't so we have to just get out there & enjoy it . And I'm enjoying my a...
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2015 11:38pm
by Larry Southgate
Falso alarme bomba al Tribunale di Trieste
It doesn't need translating. Il Piccolo today carries photos and a video of an occurrence immediately opposite the old TSO building at 21 Via Coroneo. The bomb disposal squad was called to deal with a suspected car-bomb parked outside the Tribunale, (sometimes ca...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2015 3:25pm
by Harry Dixon
Getting Old is not too bad!
WHEN YOU'RE OLD YOU DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE. CALL THE POLICE - WHEN YOU'RE OLD, AND YOU DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE. George Phillips, an elderly man from Walled Lake, Michigan, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in th...
Views: 100   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2015 9:52pm
by Larry Southgate
A novel way to married happiness.
It is important for all men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When this becomes apparent, try not to yell at them. Some are over sensitive, and there's nothing w...
Views: 70   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2015 11:34pm
by Larry Southgate
How to decide to get married.
Who to Marry? Good one These kids have it figured out HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? (written by kids) Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming. Alan, a...
Views: 76   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2015 9:39pm
by Larry Southgate
Obviously not Ryanair!
Subject: How to handle Belligerence. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM? This happened at a New York Airport. This is hilarious. I wish I had the guts of this girl. An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in New York for being smart and funny, wh...
Views: 77   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2015 11:33pm
by Larry Southgate
Ding dong bell.
Old Butch Fred was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young pullets,' and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs. He kept records, and any rooster not performing...
Views: 63   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2015 11:05pm
by Larry Southgate
Liverpudlians are really lovely!
For the benefit of my non-British visitors to this forum, a Scouser, or Liverpudlian, is someone who comes from Liverpool. It's just a bit of fun- no insults intended. Why We Love Scousers! ( LIVERPUDLIANS ) A Liverpool girl goes to the welfare office...
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2015 10:08pm
by Larry Southgate
Change of Date for Southampton Meeting
Due to the Election I have decided to change the date of the next meeting at the Encore from 7th May to the 14th May. I hope this will be convenient for those who are likely to attend. I'd like to add my congratulations to the Committee for a great AGM. I was ni...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2015 5:47pm
by John Barron
Southampton area members' meeting
John Barron has sent me a number of photographs of the group meeting at The Encore, Southampton. This is one; the others are in the Betfor Association album:
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2015 4:24pm
by Harry Dixon
I've had the same problem travelling overseas!!
It can only be South African home affairs... I recently met a Chinese man and his name was Sipho Mthethwa and I asked: "How did you ever get a name like Sipho Mthethwa, being a Chinese man?" "Many, many years ago when come to this country, was stand in line at...
Views: 77   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2015 12:05am
by Larry Southgate
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15