Start a New Topic 
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
How fast is fast?
Ecco Ulisse, il computer delle meraviglie di Pierpaolo Pitich Presentato il supercalcolatore nato da un progetto di Sissa e Ictp: è capace di 100mila miliardi di operazioni al secondo. The above copied from the pages of Il Piccolo web-site: Here comes Ul...
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2014 10:40pm
by Larry Southgate
I know exactly how she feels!
"WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?" The irate customer calling the newspaper office, loudly demanded to know where her Sunday edition was. "Madam," said the newspaper employee, "today is Saturday. The Sunday paper is not delivered until tomorrow, on SUNDAY." The...
Views: 126   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2014 9:48pm
by Larry Southgate
Ah, love is like that!
A group of women were at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with your husband. The women were asked, "How many of you love your husband?" All the women raised their hands. Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your husband you lo...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2014 9:21pm
by Larry Southgate
Real British Humour.
FW: BRITISH HUMOR IS DIFFERENT These are classified ads, which were actually placed in U.K. Newspapers: FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER. 8 years old, Hateful little bastard. Bites! FREE PUPPIES 1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbor's dog. FREE PUPPIES. Mot...
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2014 10:10pm
by Larry Southgate
"Mouse Balls"
Mouse balls and mouse ball inspector I don't know how they wrote this with a straight face. This was an actual memo sent out by IBM to its employees in all seriousness. It went to all field engineers about a computer peripheral problem. The author of this memo was qu...
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2014 1:32pm
by John Barron
MARY CROW
I regret to announce that our Honorary Member Mary Crow (Number 002) has passed away. Mary was the widow of the Association's Founder Chairman, Jim Crow and is fondly remembered from the years when she was at his side. For any member who wishes to attend her funer...
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2014 5:05pm
by Geoff Fleet 262
My latest visit to Trieste.
My latest visit to Trieste. Started with a train journey to Birmingham International then onto Ryanair security check. I told the security agent that I have a metal plate in my left ankle so as not to set off the alarm. Taken to the side of the barrier and told...
Views: 129   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2014 11:41pm
by Larry Southgate
Some undisputable facts!
Five Unshakable Facts 1. A girl is said to be grown up when she starts wearing a bra. A boy is grown up when he starts removing it. 2. We all love to spend lots of money buying new clothes but we never realize that the best moments in life are enjoyed without...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2014 10:07pm
by Larry Southgate
There's always a way!!
British Humour A big earthquake with the strength of 8.1 on the Richter scale hit the Middle East. Two million Muslims died and over a million were injured. Iraq and Iran are totally ruined and the governments don't know where to start with providing hel...
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2014 9:41pm
by Larry Southgate
And todays new word is........
I had to read this a couple of time to get it!! xx Today's word is ..................Fluctuations (I will never hear or...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2014 9:45pm
by Larry Southgate
Local meeting
Following enquiries this is just to confirm that my local meeting is scheduled for this week on Thursday 11th at 12.00 at the usual venue The Encore P.H Commercial Road Southampton.
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2014 7:25pm
by John Barron
Some further deep (or deeper) thoughts.
Ramblings of a Retired Mind I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped onto their belt or purse. I can't afford one. So, I'm wearing my garage door opener. I also made a cover for my hearing aid and now...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 9:31pm
by Larry Southgate
It all depends on how you think.
Deep Thoughts 1. There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and Shithead's. 2. The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in college was my blood alcohol content. 3. I live in my own little world but it's OK; everyone knows me here. 4. I saw a rather large woman...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 5:44pm
by Larry Southgate
.No Speak Eenglish.
NO Speak English A Russian woman married a Canadian gentleman and they lived happily ever after in Toronto . The poor lady was not very proficient in English, but did manage to communicate with her husband. The real problem arose whenever she had to shop for groc...
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 5:05pm
by Larry Southgate
Happy Christmas,My Ventures out to Town
I went to Specsavours ,as i thought i were seeing things,is it Christmas already? Having just come out of a Card Shop with what i thought were Birthday Cards,for my better halfs Sister i found they were Christmas Cards. Dont ask ,i only looked at Sister,as i do not...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2014 8:55pm
by FRED GREENWOOD
Letter from a New Member
In response to my letter to the local paper, I have received the following letter from Mr D F Dealey who was in Trieste from 1946 to 1948. 27 August 2014 Dear John Have just read your letter 'Remembering Trieste comrades' After 9 months with the Londo...
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2014 3:03pm
by John Barron
Not the NHS!
Subject: New Doctor A young doctor has moved out to a small community to replace an older doctor who is retiring. The older doctor suggested that the young one accompany him on his rounds, so the community could become use to a new doctor. At the first ho...
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2014 9:01pm
by Larry Southgate
For all dog lovers.
A little girl asks her mum, 'Mum, can I take the dog for a walk?' Her mum replies 'No, because she is on heat.' 'What does that mean?' asked the child. 'Go and ask your father. I think he's in the garage.' The little girl goes out to the garage and says...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2014 11:03pm
by Larry Southgate
A chuckle a day this week.
How fights start An oldie, but still funny x One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift... The next year, I didn't buy her a gift. When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last...
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2014 10:20pm
by Larry Southgate
Charles Finch
My name is Pam Smith. My father was Charles Frederick Finch he served in Trieste around 1948 or 1949 .He was know as Fred rather than Charles .He was a medic in the hospital there during his National service. Dad was from London . Unfortunately Dad passed away some y...
Views: 164   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2014 6:58am
by Pam Smith
Typhoon over Trieste and VG.
The night before last a strong typhoon hit Friuli Venezia Giulia and Trieste, especially up on the Carso. The village of Sgonico was badly damaged with trees uprooted, branches torn off, roofs of houses blown away, and also the school was damaged. Up in Friuli 46...
Views: 135   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2014 10:32pm
by Larry Southgate
Recruitment
Thanks to John Darby's letter we may have some luck with recruiting new members. I sent John's letter to three of our local papers and all three were very kind to us - The Southampton Daily Echo - where they gave us quite a big headline, The Romsey Advertiser and...
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2014 3:44pm
by John Barron
Recruiting
Well done for sending John Darby's letter to your local paper Ted. I too have sent to three of our local papers - The Daily Echo, Romsey Advertiser and the Hampshire Chronicle, also giving details of my next meeting. Let's hope between us we have some success.
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2014 4:40pm
by John Barron
recruiting//
The editors message for recruits has been published in the weekly BOGNOR REGIS OBSERVER many thanks to the editor
Views: 128   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2014 10:34pm
by Edward Dobbs e
Nine things to ponder:
Number 9 - Death is the number 1 killer in the world. Number 8 - Life is sexually transmitted. Number 7- Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die. Number 6 - Men have two emotions: hungry and horny, and they can't tell them...
Views: 100   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2014 9:31pm
by Larry Southgate
Out of the mouths of :
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? (written by kids) (1) You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming. - Alan, age 10 (2) No person rea...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2014 9:21pm
by Larry Southgate
I don't really hate women!!
A little humour each day! Special Package for Businessmen An Airline introduced a special package for Business men. Buy your ticket, get your wife's ticket free. After great success, the company sent letters to all the wives asking how was the trip....
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 31, 2014 10:14pm
by Larry Southgate
5 - or is it 7 things to remember,
Five rules to remember in life: 1. Money can't buy happiness but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle. 2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard’s name. 3. If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 11:12pm
by Larry Southgate
More about the Strange Tale.
In April I posted an item under the heading “A Strange Tale” about a certain Antun Staraj. Anyone interested can type in the name on title in the research box and you can see the whole thing. This is an extract: "I also asked Marijan, who still has goo...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 3:04pm
by Harry Dixon
Four rules of marriage!!
Marriage (Parts l, ll, lll & lV) Face it, men ARE NOT equipped for these kinds of arguments! Marriage (Part I ) Typical macho man married typical good-looking lady, and after the wedding, he laid down the following rules: 'I'll be home when I want, if...
Views: 110   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2014 9:06pm
by Larry Southgate
Just a thought!
Random thoughts. 1. Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 2. Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see...
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 11:11pm
by Larry Southgate
Trieste Visit 2014
There are 32 new photos, posted mainly or wholly I believe by Gordon Bishop, in the new photo album "Trieste Visit 2014"
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 7:41pm
by Harry Dixon
An Invitation to a reunion.
A few years ago I placed an account of one of my experiences in Holland on the BBC web-site dealing with WW2. Seems like someone in Holland must have read it because this e-mail appeared a short while ago in my mail-box. I have accepted the invitation and will de...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2014 11:19pm
by Larry Southgate
Denied Boarding........
I was accosted this morning by a smiling young man who wanted to know if I'd had a delayed flight n the last two years. I said, "Yes; I got £440 from Flybe for it." Last year the European Court ruled that "unavoidable causes" did not include technical difficu...
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2014 3:06pm
by Harry Dixon
Honours in Family and Holiday in Trieste.
Last Thursday I had the pleasure of participating in the Graduation from Salford University of my granddaughter Amanda. She was awarded a First Class with Honours degree in Interior Design and Architecture. And the sun shone all day. First one of my family to at...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2014 11:17pm
by Larry Southgate
A few more chuckles
A young woman was pulled over for speeding. A traffic cop from Manchester walked to her car window, flipping open his notebook. She said, "I bet you are going to try and sell me a ticket to the Traffic Police ball". He replied, "Traffic Police don't have balls",...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2014 8:28pm
by Larry Southgate
A couple of chuckles to last till midweek.
While Peter was sunbathing naked at the beach at Noosa For the sake of civility, and to keep it from getting sunburned, he had a hat over his private parts. A woman walks past and says, snickering, "If you were a gentleman you'd lift your hat." He raised an eyeb...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2014 3:55pm
by Larry Southgate
The truth of old age!
An elderly lady was standing at the railing of the cruise ship holding her hat tight so that it would not blow away in the wind. A gentleman approached her and said, "Pardon me, madam.. I do not intend to be forward but did you know that your dress is blowin...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2014 10:23pm
by Larry Southgate
Le Grand Depart de Leeds..................... etc
Le Tour kicked off nominally at 12 noon and it was a good half hour before that we arrived in Hawes – in fact about a mile outside Hawes because already the roads in Hawes had been closed and cars were parked in every conceivable spot along the very narrow, twi...
Last Post: Jul 6, 2014 8:37pm
by Harry Dixon
Cops have a way with words.
Cops have a way with words! Actual comments made by officers that were taken off their car videos: 1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through." 2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight beca...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 11:02pm
by Larry Southgate
The secret of a long healthy life!!
An old cowboy told his grandson "The secret to a long, healthy life is to put a pinch of gunpowder in your oatmeal every morning." The grandson took this advice to heart, and everyday for the rest of his life put a pinch of gunpowder in his oatmeal every morning....
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 10:41pm
by Larry Southgate
The Glass Lift
It happened last Tuesday. I was attracted by the sign for a fresh exhibition in the Arts Centre. This has been refurbished over four years and is now a very fine building . I like art exhibitions even though I’m most often disappointed to find it’s yet an...
Last Post: Jun 27, 2014 3:10pm
by Harry Dixon
How many of you text?
A group of women were at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with your husband. The women were asked, "How many of you love your husband?" All the women raised their hands. Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your husband...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 11:45pm
by Larry Southgate
Insurance adverts.
Sex Insurance - made me chuckle > > ARE YOU INSURED FOR SEX? > > Make sure you get the Correct Insurance for the sex you are having > > Please find a list of companies below catering for most tastes: > > Sex with your wife - Legal & General. >...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 11:19pm
by Larry Southgate
?????????????????????????!*!
During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you determine whether or not an older person should be put in an old age home?" "Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the person to empty the bathtub." "Oh, I...
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 10:42pm
by Larry Southgate
There are salemen and salesmen
A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job. The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says "Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota." Well, the...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 10:35pm
by Larry Southgate
Disputed contract
Apartment for Rent A businessman met a beautiful girl and agreed to spend the night with her for $500. They did their thing, and, before he left, he told her that he did not have any cash with him, but he would have his secretary write a check and mail it...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 10:18pm
by Larry Southgate
Summer Journal
Just to let you know that the summer journal is in the course of preparation. The last one was very late due to my health problems, so I am trying to catch up. The MO is pumping me full of Number 9s,and I am still excused boots so I can skive a little bit longe...
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2014 5:22pm
by Geoff Fleet 262
Information which could be useful.
About Eggs Mixed with Water... It could save your l Important Message!! Please take a few minutes & read. It could save your life!! Didn't know if you knew about eggs mixed with water.... So that is why I'm sending this on. Be Safe! A MESSAGE FROM THE OF...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2014 10:41pm
by Larry Southgate
For the Egg-Heads.
Quiz for Bright People There are only nine questions. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.. 1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until t...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2014 10:58pm
by Larry Southgate
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Free Forum powered by Bravenet