Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
charlie farnsbarns
I'm sure i heard him metioned long before WW1?
Views: 139   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 28, 2009 4:52pm
by bernard Evans 58...
Heart attack - Advice
Subject: Heart Attacks . About Heart Attacks There are other symptoms of an heart attack besides the pain on the left arm. One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and=2 0lots of sweating, however these symptoms may also occu...
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 9:44pm
by Larry Southgate
The Henry Allingham Way
Recently received from our man in Oz. I am sending it to all known readers of the BETFOR WEBSITE during the next couple of days. If you do not receive it and would like to see and hear it, just make it known on this thread. I am certain you will enjoy it !
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 11:33am
by Alf N Savetee
Golf or Cricket ?
At least I don't have to pay Murdoch to watch the golf. Am saving the twenty grand probably needed for care ! Can anyone pick a winner for Sunday ?
Views: 144   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2009 8:12am
by Roy Boyles
A message for all you Silver Surfers
Looking to find something on Yahoo tonight this popped into view: Trieste, and enjoying Trieste events in London, England, Europe. Trieste lecture in Kensington & Trieste group exhibition. Yahoogroups.com for FREE information....soon, about London's Trieste event...
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 9:59pm
by Larry Southgate
Return to Trieste - Thanks for your help
In January this year, I took my dad, George Quinn formerly of the N. Staffs, back to Trieste. We had a lovely time walking around. For Dad, many forgotton memories came back, prompted by seeing places again for the first time in 50-odd years. We searched for th...
Views: 150   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2009 11:32am
by Jane Stocks
ADVANCE WARNING 20th SEPTEMBER
aT DUXFORD, Cambridge. ROYAL ANGLIAN REGIMENTAL DAY. I was made aware of this event at the Peterborough meeting today. Of particular interest to the Suffolks and Northants members.
Views: 162   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 5:49pm
by Roy Boyles
Roy Campbell (410)
Good news on Roy Campbell (410). He is recovering well after his operation on his jaw. Still having dificulty in speaking as yet.
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 3:35pm
by Colin Russell (0...
I Love Life
I LOVE LIFE This year dear lord I’m 85 And very glad to be alive I’d like you Lord to Make a fix So I can stay to 86 I know it must be nice In Heaven But could I live to 87 I’m getting slow And sometimes late Still, I’d like t...
Views: 157   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 10:00am
by Derek Parkey 023
MONTEBELLO BARRACKS
As promised photos of the R.E.M.E. Barracks at MONTEBELLO are now in the R.E.M.E.album,they were taken in JUNE this year during this years TRIESTE visit.
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 2:48pm
by Gordon Bishop
WHAT HAPPENED TO LARRY ?
Under the ASHES header a couple of days ago, Gene Odom enquired what the TS visitors did to Larry whilst they were there 2 weeks ago, and was he likely to have got the SWINE illness ? The answer seems to have been,at least partially due to a rapid change in temperatu...
Views: 131   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 6:35pm
by Roy Boyles
PETERBOROUGH MEETING Friday 10 July
240 Alec Francis has just phoned to say that the GREAT NORTHERN HOTEL is closed for refurbishment, Meeting will now be in THE BULL (Town Centre) If you read this and know any other members who might attend can you please tell them. Will try to phone all NORTHANTS R...
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 8:20am
by Roy Boyles
ANYONE FOR TENNIS ?
SW19 for the next 2 weeks. Lots of female grunting and will the retractable roof be needed ? Will you be watching and who do you fancy to carry off the titles ?
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2009 8:28pm
by Double Fault
montebello
Who said Montebello had been demolised ? Take the number 18 bus the next time you are there and you will sea the barracks and workshops are still there and being restored into a military museum. Myself and others went to the barracks but could not get in,i managed...
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2009 6:34pm
by Gordon Bishop
Inner Peace
I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me,and we all could probably use more calm in our lives. Some doctor on television said that the way to achieve Inner Peace is to finish all the things that you have started. So. I looked around to see if...
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 1:26pm
by Peter Sexton
TWITTER AND TWITCHERS
Fred you're right that there are far more wanting to look in and keep their heads down than those who put fingers (or finger) to ketboard BUT there are fifteen different names on this page alone - some posting more than others of course. Still, Harvard Busines Sch...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2009 1:21pm
by Harry Dixon
Warning
If you receive an Email telling you that you can catch swine flu from tinned pork - delete it - it's only Spam.
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 9:25am
by John Australia
COUNTDOWN TO TS
The advance party in the shape of Nives Young is already in town and talking to the boss at THE 10 QUEENS restaurant where (hopefully) the whole group will be eating on Sunday 14th. A coach is booked for the Lazzaretto visit on 16th. All we have to do is get past Rya...
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2009 6:55am
by Roy Boyles
Fathers Day
Fathers' Day is in June. Mothers' is in March How many months???????
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 3:03pm
by Peter Sexton
Try this one
I am still alive and 84 on 3rd June. Not a BETFOR member but was associated with the lady who would have been 83 on the 2nd. I was VERY BLACK (but not now)
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 7:35pm
by D.W. Griffith
Footie
Two forecasts out of three so far. The first two were Man U for the Premiership and Barca for the Champions Cup. My third is on Saturday. The Toffees for the Cup. The Pensioners have dropped off a bit lately with their 1-0 wins
Views: 168   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2009 10:26am
by Peter Sexton
A Little Humour
A Commanding Officer in the Army was about to start the morning briefing to his staff, battalion and company commanders. While waiting for the coffee machine to finish its brewing, the Colonel decided to pose a question to all assembled. He explained that his wi...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2009 11:46pm
by John Australia
The Bishops
I am not a member of any particular political party as it it is fairly obvious that a lot of them have their noses in the trough, but I will listen to what they have to say and defend their right to say it. This democracy. So it is up to each and every individual to...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2009 10:53am
by Peter Sexton
Motor Racing
Yesterday I discovered the best way to watch Formulla One Races. I did not watch it live, I recorded it and later watched it with the recording being played in fast forward. It was tremendous, this will be my future method of warching Formula One.
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2009 10:43am
by Peter Sexton
Speak now Fred.
Big Al has not been mentioned for 2 weeks and the moment of truth is tomorrow Sunday. Can they escape ? If not they will be appearing v the Rams sometime later this year. I think Colin's Villians might be too strong for them but they could get a little refereeing...
Last Post: May 23, 2009 7:44pm
by Roy Boyles
TRIESTE TRIP 10-17 June
Please note the list is now closed. 7 people have booked this week on the Birmingham Bargain flight on Sunday 14th, coming back on Wednesday 17th. Assuming they all make it to their various airports and flights there will be 37 in TS on Sunday 14th plus Nives and si...
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2009 6:17pm
by Roy Boyles
TRIESTE Ryanair Flyers ( which is most people)
Following Peter's response earlier, I will be WRITING around the beginning of June to all those using the airline. Hopefully this will avoid any complications when beginning the journey from either BIRMINGHAM LIVERPOOL or STANSTED. Many of the group are not on the...
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2009 12:01pm
by Roy Boyles
Exceptionally Severe Weather Warning
I do not want to spread fear and despondency amongst those members who are waiting for that telegram from the Queen but I came across this tonite. I had a look and thought maybe I should share my tremors. Click on the following: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2009 10:39pm
by Larry Southgate
Re_
On 5th April I said it was not over till the fat lady sings, well it looks like she found her voice just at the right time. The toon had a good result, 3 1 better than expected but they all count, as I said before, they have been down before but always seem to climb...
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2009 4:11pm
by Fred Hopper
Newcastle United Revival
A chink of light Fred for your team. I hope Villa do not spoil it for you on the last match of the season. Villa also play away at Middlesborough on Saturday, so they help them as well - especially as Gareth Southgate was a Villa player !!
Views: 153   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2009 3:07pm
by Colin Russell (0...
Swimming pools, light bulbs and property development paid for by me (and you)
The Speaker of the House must have a finer sense of irony than his pedestrian manner suggests. He began every sentence yesterday with the words, "Honourable Members....." If they were all honourable there would be no problem in the first place. I was reminded of Hil...
Last Post: May 12, 2009 1:15pm
by Harry Dixon
Budget alternative
Dear Mr. Darling, Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain's economy. Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Pl...
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2009 11:42pm
by John Australia
Ron Goosey
Yesterday Colin Russell and I attended Rons Funeral to offer our respects to Christine and his family and to represent our Association. It appears that Ron was a talented artist and craftsman, even building a boat in his garage, which after completion, he kept moore...
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2009 5:25pm
by Ray Griffiths 1...
Re gallant Gurkhas
It looks like Joanne may have some results as long as the feet dont drag too long, keep at em Joanne.
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2009 12:26pm
by Fred Hopper 212
Its quite simple realy.
Sorry John I didnt quite get that, can you repeat it all again. errrrrrrr ?
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2009 12:21pm
by Fred Hopper 212
It's Really Quite Simple
IT IS REALLY QUITE SIMPLE Dumb civilian, I said to myself, but openly I said, “The system is really quite simple.” You see, all people in the Army are soldiers, all privates are soldiers, but not all soldiers are privates. Some are officers who are c...
Views: 167   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2009 7:05am
by John Australia
Fingers are working
What a start to the first day of Summer. All the arthritic fingers have defrosted and the message board has gone mad. I sincerely hope that this amount of traffic will last.
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2009 11:11am
by Peter Sexton
Alsager Meeting
The Regional Meeting last Friday at Alsager was, thanks to Alex and Phyllis McNee, excellent. The choice of venue and food was good and the company even better. Arrangements were made for Sir Nicholas and Lady Ann Winterton to attend, we all enjoyed their relaxed an...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2009 1:51pm
by Ray Griffiths 1...
Gurkhas
The Gurkhas were not the only soldiers treated badly. the Philippino soldiers have just been granted a one-time cash benefit for their service to the US Army in WWII. Here is a link below to the LA Times regarding President Obama signing the benefit into law. Perha...
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 12:31pm
by Gene Odom
re the tracter boys
Fred, be careful you dont upset the Irishman or he may trow his toys out of the pram and leave, again. Fred 212
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 11:18am
by Fred Hopper 212
Memories
I don't know how it happened but last week I presseds a button on the remote and caught the end of a film with I think Errol Flynn showing wartime activity in Burma. I nearly laughed my socks off.As it Burma it brought back the memory of that tha great soldier Brigad...
Views: 208   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 11:55am
by Peter Sexton
re Red Friday
Some very fine and just comments on the subject of Red Friday and I agree with every one of them. Our boys in uniform do not get the recognition or the credit due to them for the job they do. I know during the 39~45 war they were not shown any credit at times, but th...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 17, 2009 8:58am
by Fred Hopper 212
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Free Forum powered by Bravenet